Sign in to follow this  

Desert Ride Arizona Martinez Canyon

Tried to get to Martinez Canyon today, and had many problems. Too much water, mechanical problems, lack of gas and skill, just to name a few. The Sonoran Desert is just BURSTING with H2O, a really welcome sight because of the drought were have been in and are still in here in Arizona. Here are some pics:Martinez

Looks like fun.

I haven't been on Martinez for a couple years now.

I think the last time was when I ran Axle Alley.

Sure is a lot of water. :)

Just heard we have more rain on the way. :)

More water is good.....unless you want to ride. It has been a long time time since I have seen the desert so green...The entire floor is covered in grass, can you say June brush fires?

Nice pics Tom. How many miles did you guys ride? I never ridden there but I've never heard of people that have running short on fuel - I was under the impression that it wasn't that far. It's in and back and not a loop right??? I guess I need to get off my butt and get down there!

Ya, its not a loop,it was about 40 miles round trip. This guy had a borrowed TRX? 250, 4 stroke quad.It used about 3-4 gals for the trip.We had to siphon out of our bikes to keep it going...

that is cool seeing other people that ride with quad riders too. :)

My group is usually mixed also. 2 or 3 bikes and a couple of quads. The quad riders always complain about us working less than they do during rides. They say we look at ease traversing tough terrain while they have to fight their quads. I've never ridden a quad so I wouldn't know the difference.

On hard pack riding i have to agree... but you get in deep sand and the tables turn... :) sometimes i wish i had a quad to kick back relax and cruise... instead of fightin the bike when the tire digs a little or having to worry about the line i take cuz i cant turn on a dime... things like that... sometimes they have it easier as well...