Buying 01' YZ250F....Things to look out for??

cant tell you about hours or miles, but i would remove the stock front engine guard. chech to see if there are any welds around the crank area. maybe even pull the oil filter out to see if has alot of metal on it. take your time and dont second guess yourself, in other words dont fall in love with it.

good luck

03cam renthal dunlop wiseco uni

Hey,

Im going to try out one of the older YZ250F's (2001) and I wanted to know what kinds of things to look out for on this model?

go to this thread:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138406

and scroll down to my long post of 03-17-2004, 04:55 PM.

it starts off with a quotation, "Any suggestion/guide on what to look after when buying a used YZ/WR'F?"

How many miles/hrs would be considered enough to warrant a top end rebuild?

depends entirely on how it was ridden.

soccerdad following his 9yr old on a PW50?

or an A class, balls to the wall harescramble guy?

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

It also depends on much you are paying for it. I have a 2003 YZ250F that I am just putting a new top end in prior to selling. $3400-ish. Write me if your interested. Binghamton NY area.

Bike has always been nothing but fun and always runs. we trail/track ride each week. Bike is clean. New top end only because thats what we do. No junk!!!!!

It also depends on much you are paying for it. I have a 2003 YZ250F that I am just putting a new top end in prior to selling. $3400-ish. Write me if your interested. Binghamton NY area.

Bike has always been nothing but fun and always runs. we trail/track ride each week. Bike is clean. New top end only because thats what we do. No junk!!!!!

Appreciate the heads up but Im in CA so that aint happenin'.