Sign in to follow this  

Boyesen Quickshot accelerator pump cover

No need to. Bike is running perfect.

Once it is warmed up, it will NOT bog under any condition.

And like someone said in a previuos post, a $5.00 #55 leak jet

will probably give the same results. :):):p

I had used one from factory R&D.It actually made the bike bog.These things are supposed to get rid of a bog if you have one.I did not but wanted to try anyway.Maybe the boysen is different.

speedfrk is right. If you own a CRF250R and it has a bog off idle, try the CRF250X leak jet (the 49-state model, NOT the Cali model). The 49-state X has a #55 leak jet in it. The smaller jet will actually supply more gas to the accelerator pump squirter. The R model usually gets it's bog because it's not getting enough gas to the squirter. It has a #70 leak jet which "leaks" gas back into the float bowl and away from the squirter. The Cali X has a #65 leak jet.

While you all wait for the Boyesen reviews to come in, go buy the smaller leak jet and see if your problems go away.

Chris.

I have an X with the 55 leak. I've rejetted, played with air screw, and it helped, but still has a fairly bad bog, so I've got a pump cover ordered. It has a money back guarantee, and I will test that out if it doesn't completly get rid of the bog.

I talked to the guy whpo builds CHM's supermoto race team motors. Apparently you can get the equivelant jet out of a KX250 and they have them smaller than 55. I am going to put one in my carb as soon as I get the rest of my parts for my top end in!

I talked to the guy whpo builds CHM's supermoto race team motors. Apparently you can get the equivelant jet out of a KX250 and they have them smaller than 55. I am going to put one in my carb as soon as I get the rest of my parts for my top end in!

That is like a 45 right? Better than a 55? The 55 helped my bog a bit but maybe smaller would be better yet. :)

If you have a part number for the smaller jet, will you post it? Thanks.