Sign in to follow this  

a couple fo pics from hardrock 2/13

Josh and I rode hardrock sat and sunday. We finally figured out that including 3 laps of the outback mx track into the harescramble loop was the way to go.

Typical bumps and scrapes, and Josh managed to overshoot a turn and wiped out the impellor cover losing all his coolant sunday. "I dont think all this blue stuff draining out is a good sign dad." :)

Josh's big balled no footer.

IMG_0088_4.jpg

Josh flying low

IMG_0089_1.jpg

Me preparing to scream like a girl :)

IMG_0040_2.jpg

HardRock is the bomb!

Last time I was there, it rained. What a mud feast of a day we had.Tried

to go down the Hare Scambles trail, slid into a tree trying to stop from hitting the guy in front of me.Green slime all over the place.Looks pretty dry in the pictures. Was the sand track open? They where working on it when we were

there last.Would be a cool place to have another TT event! :)

Phil, can you make Holopaw on the 18 of Feb.?

No, Josh will be in school on that friday. We are stuck pretty much with weekends only.

I crashed twice on the same stupid downhill of the harescramble track. It's got a root that kicks your front tire off the ground and any brake pressure on the front and it locks up and slides out from under you the rest of the way down. Man that ground hurts.

It was too dry. 3 or 4 bikes in front of you on the mx track and you rode blind. The sand track was open but we blew it off after a couple of laps. It was to much of a pain to let air out of the tires for it, and then go pump them back up for the rest of the place.

So far it's probably our favorite place to ride because of the variety.

Damn Phil- I was out at Hardrock Sunday morning!- me and my buddy with a new KTM 450 sx- we stayed on the roller coaster track most of the day. I think we are going to hit my secret spot this weekend for a little while.

LOL yeh Josh and I took a stroll on the roller coaster. That was all it took to teach us we are flat lands riders LOL. Man oh man going up is so much easier than getting back down. :)

Funny you mention the place, I point it out to josh everytime we pass it. We saw a couple of girls on horses there going up to hardrock saturday.

Gotta put a set of shocks on the rv this weekend so you know how that goes. It's bound to turn into a weekend long adventure in swearing. :)

Sorry I didn't make it guys. It was my daughters first birthday and my wife would have lynched me if i wasn't here.

Looks like a good time was had. I'll be there next time!!

Eric