Sign in to follow this  

new rubber and other stuff

Hi there, I put a post up a couple of weeks ago but didn't get any replies. I am new to biking, have just acquired a 2005 TTR 250 for riding around the large forest behind. I am in SW Spain so the terrain is largely sandy/stoney/rutted terrain. I am told the stock tyres are not much good, could someone advise what to change to (they dont have to be road legal since I won't be going on the road) It does get hot here though (40 deg sometimes) I plan to put a new silencer on as well (what is the best ?) as I am told the stock version is very restrictive. If I do this without altering the jetting will it do any harm ? Lastly can anyone recommend some lightweight protective gloves that are not too hot, like wise a jacket.many thanks, Mike Bailey

Your area sounds like desert riding over here, sandy with rocks. How much mud do you have to deal with? If it's mainly dry riding check out the Maxxis IT. It's very durable and a good all around intermediate tire.

As far as gloves, I prefer >these gloves< for hot weather riding. I usually try to pick them off the Fox Clearance website during the cold months so they are half off.

always dry riding, can you give me the full name and maker of those tyres ? cheers, Mike

Check out >this link< for info on the tires.

As far as glove sizing, it's trial & error. With Fox you order up what you think you need and ship it back if it doesn't fit. The best scenario is to visit your local shop and try them on to find the size, then go home and order it if your local shop is too much money. Sizes change from year to year & model to model so you can never be totally sure without actually trying them on. Three years ago I wore a Fox size 11. Now I'm a Fox size 13 (and I didn't grow).

more than a few conversations about tyres today but i can get hold off (and have been recommended by 4 people) Pirelli MT18's which seem to fit the bill. no maxxis supllier here.