Sign in to follow this  

Stop switch for DRZ400E 2004 How?

How to make stop switch for DRZ440E? One way is goodrich brake fluid pressure switcher but I think about something else too.

A pressure switch front or rear or both will work. (10mm by 1.25 pitch thread) Or a mechanical switch on the rear. You mount the switch where the kick start lever would go if you had one and run a pull spring down to the brake pedal. You have to make a few mounting brackets.

How you think to install a mechanical switch on front master cylinder pump? In 2004 version this is impossible. No place for that. In my opinion the best place for switch is forn brake. No luck only fluid pressure option. Shit.

You can put a mechanical switch on the front but you are going to have to be creative. No easy way. Front pressure switch is the easy way.

I've used both mechanical and hydraulic switches. I honestly prefer the mechanical ones. Why mess with great feeling brakes just for a switch that takes but 10-15 minutes to put two on. The mechanical ones last me just as well as the hydraulics do and half the hassle. prairiedawg :)