Sign in to follow this  

Taskers Gap Work Party II

Northern Virginia Trail Riders are hosting a work party at Taskers Gap to get the main loop in shape for the upcoming riding season on Saturday, February 26, or Sunday the 27th (we'll make a call which day on or about the 23rd based on weather forecasts).

We'll be focusing on the 'Dynamite' trail (blue loop - Trails 493, 497, & 498 see: http://www.nvtr.org/taskers.html) this session. This won't be another Flintstone boulder moving exercise like we did in December on the Edinburg Trail, rather a face slapper nipping, occasional obstacle moving, and mud hole draining party!

Bring your bikes and nippers, we'll meet in the main parking lot and break into groups from there. If you'd rather walk the trail, you can park along FDR 374 as the trail is directly beside the road.

As always, the club will provide morning coffee and a hot lunch!

Thanks in advance for your help - hope to see you there!

-d

Would you accept Non-NVTR help??? I have off this weekend and the wifie is working so I will possably be able to help out. What time do you plan on starting and such?

Hey folks we're watching the weather tonight - looks uncertain if we'll get snow, rain, or nothing... We'll make a decision Friday - I'll post here just as soon as we have something.

-d

And then it snowed...

The Forest Service says there's about 4 inches of snow on the ground in Edinburg - they're not sure how much in TG, but it's likely the same or more... They said it's melting today, so we'll postpone this weekend's activity and watch the weather - tentatively setting the date of the work party for next weekend, Saturday 3/5 or Sunday 3/6.

Stay tuned...

-d

well folks, once again we find ourselves needing to reschedule the trail project due to the weather. The Forest Service says there is snow on the mountain but people have been using the trails - the trails are frozen in the morning and sloppy in the afternoon...

So we'll try again - we haven't nailed a date yet, but we'll try for the 12th or the 26th.

stay tuned... I'm told the latest recorded snowfall around here is March 13, and March has always had at least one 70 degree day - perhaps the weather will cooperate later in the month..

thanks for your patience,

-d