Sign in to follow this  

Anyone using Alpinestars Tech 10's?

I tried on a pair over the weekend and all I can say is you better try them on before you order from an on line source. I wear tech 8's because I shattered my right foot and ankle and have to wear a carbon fiber brace for support. I can do this because I replace the Tech 8 inner booty with the carbon fiber brace. The tech 10's intrigued me because they have an inner booty that is hinged at the ankle and I thought I might be able to ditch the carbon fiber brace as it can be a little uncomfortable.

NO WAY - !

The tech 10 booty is a joke - the metal and the stiff plastic of the hinges bit into my ankle like a medieval torture device and it seems like one of those things that look good on paper but don't really work in the real world.

I am sure some people will find that their ankles will fit into the booties with out being pinched by the hinges, but I would definitely try these boots on before you get your hopes up. They need a gel insert around the ankle area similar to the tech 8's to remedy the pinching problem.

On a plus side, they were much lighter then Tech 8's and had a better buckle system.

Good luck,

Kevin

I have three rides on the new tech 10s and they are a much improved

boot over the tech 8s. After a one ride break in you do not feel the ankle

brace any more plus they come with a softer compond set.I like the newer componds and materials the boots are made of we will have to wait and see how long they last. So far so good. :)

I have a few rides on mine and I love them. You dont feel the brace after a few minutes and they break in quick. They are light! and feel a lot smaller/less bulky than my tech 8's

I have size11 tech 8's like above shattered my right tibia,fibula and it went out the side,I have tried tech10's in 11 and 12's and can't get them on,I've yet to find a 13 to try on,I feel they run way small.

To me, the price tag just doesnt appeal to me. I have heard ups and downs to them, and am sure they are am improvement over the other Tech series. I just can't justify paying that price for a pair of boots. They better do more than just protect my feet for that price.

Why did they make the front half of the sole as flexible as tennis shoes? You can bend it up like my Reeboks. That alone scared me away.

mxsales.com has the Tech 10's for $379, no tax and no shipping. Not too bad in my opinion. I get mine today. I can't wait. Hopefully break in won't be too bad.

Like I said, 4 bills for boots? Nah, I got brand new Tech 8's for 120.

Im about to get those 10's and am wondering do they seem the type of boot that would last 4 years (as 6 and 8's are) since they are so lightweight and fast broken in

How long have the tech 8S been around?!! Look at how many people use them!! The 8S should have paid to keep the development cost down on the 10S. Well maybe Alpine knows that all the 8s will be replaced by 10S. I know the look good to me.

im looking at the price 277$

the 8 are not supposed to be replaced by 10, since currently they are still top of the line shoe and the 10's are kind of touching the market

I hope they are as solid al the 8's are, since 8's are undeliverable in my country