Sign in to follow this  

seat bouncing?

I race Arenacross and everyone knows how short of a start you get at a jump. Everyone keeps talking about seat bouncing. They say that is what i need to clear these jumps easily. I have 2001 yz125. I am 6'1 and only about 140pounds. I know what seat bouncing is but could someone explain on how I would best do it? I haven't had any luck with it yet, and it feels really weird sitting down going into a jump. How can I get better at this?

I race Arenacross and everyone knows how short of a start you get at a jump. Everyone keeps talking about seat bouncing. They say that is what i need to clear these jumps easily. I have 2001 yz125. I am 6'1 and only about 140pounds. I know what seat bouncing is but could someone explain on how I would best do it? I haven't had any luck with it yet, and it feels really weird sitting down going into a jump. How can I get better at this?

Welcome to TT newbie! Here's a thread from December on seat bouncing with some good tips. Take it easy at first practicing seat bouncing -- you will fly higher and farther than you expect, and your pitch does weird things at takeoff.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203181&highlight=seat+bounce

Do you push down into the seat with your butt to preload it, or do you just sit on the seat until your off the face?

Do you push down into the seat with your butt to preload it, or do you just sit on the seat until your off the face?

I race Arenacross too! the way you properly seat bounch isgive the bike as much gas as you can to get some speed up, then as soon as you hit the face of the jump pop the rear of the seat with your butt. by compressing the rear suspension it will cause the bike to pop up i the air, give you added height and distance! next time your racing watch the riders that are better then you you will see the poping the rear of there seat!

start off with a small table or double! good luck!

also it would help you in arenacross to be riding a 4 stroke, espscialy in the 125 class, the 4 strokes have gun and run, were the 2 stroke you have to help it in to the power, and unless you know how to ride a 125 correctly, your just giving up to the guys on the 4 strokes!!

hopes this help!!!!

The speed you carry into the jump face will force your body weight to compress the rear suspension more if you're sitting down. When that suspension rebounds, it adds to the overall velocity of your takeoff. Just be careful, because the rear can tend to ascend more quickly than the front, causing and endo-type attitude in the air. Be prepared to adjust that as you complete the flight. Start small.

You know riderman329 has explained it very good. :)

thanks, you know, you guy's are alot better then tho's imuture kids on ronron!!!

I push down and blip the throttle on the face (sorta like a bunnyhop)

Another way I do it is, blip the throttle and sit down on the face of the jump)