Sign in to follow this  

crf vs trx450

I will be heading up to a buddies cabin for a "guys" weekend. We usually take snowmobiles and drag on a abandoned air strip.

Because of lack of snow, most likely a bunch of them will be bringing quads including a guy with a new TRX450 who talks like it is the fastest thing on wheels.

I would assume that normally a crf will walk right away from the TRX, but I have done a couple mods that may reduce this. I have went from a stock 50 rear to a 51 rear, added a heavier flywheel, rejetted with JD, and have studded ice tires on right now. My main concern is that tire which I lined with a street tire and about 500 1" ice screws in is probably 2-3 times heavier than normal. Does anybody figure this extra wieght will have a significant effect on acceleration?

I just want to be sure that I will toast him since betting is strongly encouraged at this camp and I dont want to lose bragging rights.

PS all of the other quads will be 4wd so I am not worried about them.

Except for at Glamis where you never really know what's truely inside the engine next to you and you don't know where the NOS bottle is hidden, I've never scene similar sized CC bikes and quads that race and the quad wins. Your bike even with the stuff you've done should still walk away from him. My bike will destroy a banshee with pipes and I've seen the same banshee with pipes destroy a TRX450...

Thats what I figured. About 2 minutes after I posted that, I talked to the guy throwing the party, apparently ATV's and Bikes arent allowed on the hunt clubs property.

We usually take snowmobiles and drag on a abandoned air strip.

You talking about Raco Field in the UP?

raco.jpg

I have no idea the name of the airstrip, only that it is in alcona county on private land, isnt used, and isnt very big.

I agree, nope... about the only one that may is a Quadzilla but you'll still destroy him off the line till his tires stop spinning. At that point if it's long and flat I could possibly see getting caught!!!

LOL, Sir H K... I love it... That's what everyone thinks... Hint, spell it backwards... My parents screwed with me!!!

Khris

I agree, nope... about the only one that may is a Quadzilla but you'll still destroy him off the line till his tires stop spinning. At that point if it's long and flat I could possibly see getting caught!!!

Yeah... 439cc, 350lbs vs 449cc 225lbs. It would take a heavily modded YFZ to pull a stock CRF450 - I know, I've had both and run both. My methanol drinking, 300lb 467cc YFZ could hold off CRFs in the sand, but it wasn't cheap getting it to that point.

LOL, Sir H K... I love it... That's what everyone thinks... Hint, spell it backwards... My parents screwed with me!!!

:):)

The Yamaha YFZ450 quad might give you a run for you're money but the TRX450 has no chance against a bike.

Nope my 02 smoked my buddies YFZ, hands down owned him.