Sign in to follow this  

TE450 Fork height

Any suggestions on where to set the forks up in the clamps initially. I do 60% single track and 40% high speed sand wash as a general rule. I know that's two extremes but thats all I got :)

I like the forks all the way down/only about 1/8" of gold fork showing above the top of the triple clamp. The bike still turns on a dime and is great for high speed stuff. If you feel you want it to turn in sharper then raise the fork tubes. I think you will find it turns just great with them all the way down. With the forks all the way up the bike will like squaring off corners more than with them all the way down.

the new te/tc frames were designed for the forks to be run with the caps flush with the top of the clamps (most stable!) i run mine at the first line down, still stable but no front end push when turning which seems to happen when the forks are at the bottom line (up in the clamps) and i have comfirmation from the factory guy's in europe when i was there last september this is where they run there's. :)

My '04 came set on the third line down and turned 'real' easy. This wasn't a problem until I got to some fast MX tracks and found out I had to hold on tight :)

I took it back to the first line and ave stayed there since.