05 WR-450 Frame Guards

My experience is that Yamaha isn't exactly "Johhny on the Spot" when it comes to updating their website.

You got that right. I guess they assume we blew all of our dough on the '05 that we didn't havce anything left for parts/accessories. I'd like to get their GYT-R performance pipe insert, but they don't appear to have anything listed for '05 yet.

?

I just put on my new Works Connection guards. As far as the GYT-R brand, my local Yamaha dealer can order anything very fast for my 05. No problems.

You guys are smokin crack if you think Yamaha is slow with updating their product line..... They're one of the best...

Here's your frame guards, in stock.......

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessories/acscitemdetail/1/4/349/5/1222/5390/All/1/2926/detail.aspx

I installed the Devol Frame Guards on my bike two days ago, and man was I unimpressed. I will find a different brand next time. I had to twist and bend them to get them to fit right. They were much thinner that the stock MC cover. I installed their radiator guards and although they look like they will hold up well, they were the closest thing to fabricating your own that I have found. Good Luck

I just put on my new Works Connection guards. As far as the GYT-R brand, my local Yamaha dealer can order anything very fast for my 05. No problems.

You guys are smokin crack if you think Yamaha is slow with updating their product line..... They're one of the best...

Here's your frame guards, in stock.......

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessories/acscitemdetail/1/4/349/5/1222/5390/All/1/2926/detail.aspx

I clicked your link, then I looked at the drop down list of years to choose from. The only choices were '03 or '04. Where's the '05? ?

Or where's the crack? ?

I clicked your link, then I looked at the drop down list of years to choose from. The only choices were '03 or '04. Where's the '05? ?

Or where's the crack? ?

I was gonna post & say the exact same thing, but noticed that the product description lists the part as '03-'05.

That kind of makes the point though. I got my 05 in November of last year and even though the part numbers a sort of current the drop down list on there site still doesn't include a current year product. There site allows you to sort by year but not by 2005. Hmm. I don't go there much because of that.

Pass the pipe. ?