what class?

I have a KLX 250 with a 300 kit on it. In a hair scramble, would i be able to race with the 250''s?

-forum33

What class do you plan on racing, an Open or straight 4-stroke class, or a rigidly defined one? If you need to fit into a class other than Open or 4-stroke...

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'll bite. Ever heard of ethics. Why would anyone tell others to cheat because other people do it. Lots of people rob banks, so have at it...ITS OKAY (sure!!!). Ride the class in which you are supposed to ride it in. The rider is the difference in most cases anyways, except all those sandbaggers that ride the wrong class to be cool and win.

A challenge to everyone that thinks that this isn't pervasive...Check the WORCS home page at http://www.worcsracing.com/ and go to race results. How come the "C" class is running faster lap times than some of the B/A class riders. A true "C" rider in most cases would be better off riding "B" class because all the bonzai pilots are cheating and riding "C" class and you could finish in a better finishing position in the "B" class. IMHO which ain't worth 2 honest pesos.

Okay, I'll bite. Ever heard of ethics. Why would anyone tell others to cheat because other people do it. Lots of people rob banks, so have at it...ITS OKAY (sure!!!). Ride the class in which you are supposed to ride it in. The rider is the difference in most cases anyways, except all those sandbaggers that ride the wrong class to be cool and win.

A challenge to everyone that thinks that this isn't pervasive...Check the WORCS home page at http://www.worcsracing.com/ and go to race results. How come the "C" class is running faster lap times than some of the B/A class riders. A true "C" rider in most cases would be better off riding "B" class because all the bonzai pilots are cheating and riding "C" class and you could finish in a better finishing position in the "B" class. IMHO which ain't worth 2 honest pesos.

While my other post would suggest otherwise, I agree wholeheartedly with your post. I only suggested he run in the "stock" class because he modded his bike, not because he is cheating. If he can't use the oomph the extra 50 cc's gives him, it is not really a benefit.

It sounds like he has never run a HS before. It may be a case where you pick a class, run it, and self-promote if you feel you are too fast for the class. I ran Super Vintage B in FL, and we had AA, A, and B riders racing Saturday in Super Vintage A and B, checking the track out for Sunday. Did I complain? Nope. I was there to have a good time, ride hard, and enjoy my friends who also raced. Yeah, I thought about changing to the 4-stroke B class (my lap times were higher than everybody but the top 5 in most races) and getting a trophy. But, to me, it was about the comraderie and the fun, not the trophies. In fact, I never trophied in the SV-B class. My only trophy was when I raced 2-Stroke Quad C when my bike was down. Came in 5th! ?

I guess what I want to say is pick a class, race it, have fun, then honestly pick the class you need to be in. It's a learning experience the first few races anyway. If you've never been involved in organized racing, it may be hard to pick the correct class from a performance perspective. Heck, he may be a crap rider who couldn't win if he was racing against 5-yo's on 50s.

• Experts

I don't suggest cheating whether it is an advantage or not. If caught you will be disqualified maybe for the year. Some clubs might not allow you back. If you have a big bore run the class for the displacement. OR an age group class.

Don't think everyone else is cheating . They probably are not. So don't start your racing carreer off doing so.

Dwight

Thank you ??

My point is that I do this for fun also, but it gets frustrating when you run legally and those that don't effect the level of fun in the sport and give organizations or series bad names for doing so.

BTW: I'm not good enough to do this for anything other than fun, so I would just like everyone to have fun "legally" with me. I could run a 500 in the mini class and get smoked, however just because the mini's beat me doesn't mean that I wasn't being dishonest.