Sign in to follow this  

hill jumps

The only jumps Ive been able to do in the trails are off of hills. They go about 10-15 feet into the air at about 60-80% slope. I manage to get my wheels about shoulder high, then flat land. Those flat landings hurt like heck. Can anyone post pictures of taking these type jumps so i can see how to land them, and what my position should be?

What is your body position as you go off? How is the bike in the air? When i'm trail riding and end up jumping soemthing unpredictable, i keep the front end as high up as possible incase there is something nasty in front of me. As i'm landing i roll on the gas to keep the front end light, and to give me more control over the landing. When i'm riding down a trail, i try and keep my body position as neutral as possible (center of gravity a bit forward, arms in attack position ect) so that if i hit a jump like this i'm already in good shape to get some air. Depending on how my body actually ends up, i try and balance back a little to help keep that front end light and to land rear wheel then front wheel.

Not to highjack your thread but whever i end up daydreaming about riding (sitting in the middle of a boring physics class.. meh college..) i remember a trip out at ocotillo wells. I was really hauling down a double wide i thought i knew, faster then i had ever pushed my self, and ended up seeing what turned out to be a jump right as i went off of it. When i turned aroudn to check it out, i realized i had traveled at least 40' before hitting the ground (while only going mabye 5' in the air). What i really love about it is that i had soo much air time i was able to plan my next line and then think "hollly shiiitttt" before hitting the ground again. Man that feeling is awesome =)

got a forbiden and not found on the two pics.

Im usually pretty close to sitting on the tank/seat when i go up the hills. I can level the bike out plenty, but I hit down really hard. Perhaps I'm still too close to the seat when i land?

When i turned aroudn to check it out, i realized i had traveled at least 40' before hitting the ground (while only going mabye 5' in the air). What i really love about it is that i had soo much air time i was able to plan my next line and then think "hollly shiiitttt" before hitting the ground again. Man that feeling is awesome =)

Yeah, know that feeling :p Did a 60' feet table last summer, man that was an awesome feeling, though I did endo over the bars on the same jump on next lap :) that was OK though because it was a race so the ambulance was already there :)

can you see em now?

I can see them :)

I usually try to land a little bit on the rear wheel, but it's important to get on the gas right away on a flat landing, that usually takes out some of the hit.