Sign in to follow this  

CRF 450 or RMZ 450

Rmz 450 or Crf 450? which would you buy? And come on, be honest, tell the true about the pros and cons about each. Any big problems so far with either bike? This is pretty much going to be telling me which bike to get?

The RMZ should be better, it's in its 4th year, 2nd gen frame, and many suspension upgrades.....

I don't see why anyone would want the CRF until it gets sorted out.

:)

Here's the way this is gonna go, you probably asked the same question on the RMZ forum right, all the guys over here are gonna say Honda ( we LOVE our new 05's) and all the guys over there are gonna say Yellow (I understand the thing rips but I haven't seen one) somebody is gonna answer the opposite while trolling the other forums and then someone else will get their knickers in a twist and it will get ugly (but sometimes entertaining :p ) For what it's worth the rational reason to buy a CRF is that it is a proven engine in a good new frame, the rational reason to buy the Suzuke is that it is the latest and greatest, and teething problems be damned. My personal decision towards Honda is influnced by my local dealer , ( a dirt rider and friend that I trust) the reputation for a good build, and the fact that I really fit the frame well. I think they are probably both good and I could happily race either of them. :) There; that was reasonable now go out and BUY A HONDA cause I said so :)

I have the solution:

I love the history of the quality of Honda's. I can't bring myself to buy anything else, even though I have a dealership here that sells Suzuki, Kaw, and KTM willing to give me a good deal.

The pic is the answer. Buy one and put the other color plastic on it.

crf450005.jpg

To be honest with you I would never buy a first model year bike, especially when your comparing it with a bike that has been refined for 4 years. The 05 honda handles great, has awsome syspension, great power,and is very reliable. From what I heard about the RMZ is that it turns like a suzuki, Handles like a suzuki (A little nervous at speed) and its motor feels like a 02 crf with a little more power.I might be a little bias but my hard earned money bought me a 05 crf 450, but remember the bike doesn't win the race the rider does. Troy 140