Sign in to follow this  

Fast Bike

WENT RIDING YESTERDAY WITH SOME FRIENDS THAT HAVE NEW BIKES. WHILE OUT RIDING WE FOUND A FIELD THAT WAS FOREVER LONG AND SMOOTH. WHICH WAS PERFECT BECAUSE I WAS ON MY NEW RMZ450 ONE WAS ON A CRF 450 ONE ON A 01 KTM 520 AND THE OTHER ON A NEWER YZF450. ALL BONE STOCK EXCEPT FOR A GEARING CHANGE ON THE CRF SO IT WOULD RUN FASTER ON TOP. SO OF COURSE WE ALL THOUGHT WE HAD THE FASTS BIKE. WE ALL TOOK OFF AT THE SAME TIME AND MY RMZ450 PULLED AWAY FROM THE START AND THEY NEVER CAUGHT UP. SO THEY WERE MAD AND SAID I JUMPED THE START. SO THEY MADE ME BACK UP 10 YARDS AND THEN THEY TOOK OFF. I STILL RAN THEM DOWN AND PASSES THEM ALL. THIS IS BY FAR THE FASTS BIKE I EVER EVER RODE THAT IS STOCK. I RACE CROSS COUNTRIES AND WAS WORRIED ABOUT THE 4 SPEED BUT NOT KNOW. :)

Too many variables (rider weight, tire selection, riding style, tire psi, how old/fresh were the other engines and what year were they?) in your test to make it totally inconclusive. I own an 05 crf450 and just got my rmz450, and I can tell you the suzuki is not capable of coming from behind and passing the crf.

SLOW ONE has been owned!!! :)

I would agree with your statement about "coming from behind" I think the Suzuki is probably about a bike length faster in perfect conditions.....but ya know what? a bike length ain't crap when all the other factors, weight, tires, timing, throttle control, clutch, gear selection.....just look at any national or supercross.....how the heck does # 4 consistently start at the front 1 or 2 positions on a 250??????? its not because it has more power than windham or Tortelli's 450"s...the rider!!!!!

I was the best rider there but Iam also the heaviest at 200 lbs. but all of us were expert riders and can all run to gather. By the way it is more then a bike length faster try about 4 or 5. All I was trying to do is give you all a comparison and you all blew it out of proportion.

I rode an 05 CRF450 and the RMZ back to back. The RMZ feels faster... I had no problem pulling the CRF straight line. I did have a problem trying to catch up to the RMZ on the straights on the CRF with my buddy riding my RMZ.

My buddy is a WAY better rider than I am, and I had no problem coming right up on his CRF450 rear end off of turns. At the expense of eating serious roost from his back tire... All these 450's could double as trench diggers.

Granted riding skills, weight etc. are factors. However, straight line acceleration out of turns is mostly a matter of how far you twist the throttle (WFO) and how the bike hooks up and scoots.

The RMZ hooks up and SCOOTS.

I have a hard time believing this I can tell this much though I ride with guys that have all kinds of bikes the crf450 is slower than the yzf450 all the way around(in the dez not the track),I mean come on my yz426 with cams can pull the yzf450 out of the hole and stay ahead until he hits fourth gear :) so that being said you know my 426 makes those crf450's look bad I havent got a chance to go head to head with a rmz450 but cant wait to do it :) . I would like for someone that has seen this drag race first hand to tell us what they saw not just some clown telling us bunch of bs? I for one have witnesses that my 426 can do what I said other tters so wheres your proof/

Im assuming you arent implying that I am a clown.

Cant get much more first hand than what I wrote. I havent seen it first hand, I was in it. Maybe he was holding back on the straights so I could catch him? Probably not...

I was gaining ground down every straight, thats all I know...

75% rider-25% bike. I've seen alot of 250fs grab holeshots (and pull away) in the vet A classes. We all know that any 450 will smoke a 250f in a drag race! I'm sure that the Rmz 450 is a fast bike, but so is the crf. Just go to ANY mx track and you'll see alot of them, Honda did'nt sell 40,000 of them because there so slow..

Im assuming you arent implying that I am a clown.

Cant get much more first hand than what I wrote. I havent seen it first hand, I was in it. Maybe he was holding back on the straights so I could catch him? Probably not...

I was gaining ground down every straight, thats all I know...

Implying? No I'm saying you are a clown...If you think I believe that crap you should go sign up for the circus. And if you really want I can gladly meet you anytime you please to ease your pain of spending a ungodly amount of money to say your faster than me LOL :) NAME IT :)

Implying? No I'm saying you are a clown...If you think I believe that crap you should go sign up for the circus. And if you really want I can gladly meet you anytime you please to ease your pain of spending a ungodly amount of money to say your faster than me LOL :) NAME IT :p

twopumpchump lets ride :) with that attitude I hope you can lap me too hehe

I have a hard time believing this I can tell this much though I ride with guys that have all kinds of bikes the crf450 is slower than the yzf450 all the way around(in the dez not the track),I mean come on my yz426 with cams can pull the yzf450 out of the hole and stay ahead until he hits fourth gear :) so that being said you know my 426 makes those crf450's look bad I havent got a chance to go head to head with a rmz450 but cant wait to do it :) . I would like for someone that has seen this drag race first hand to tell us what they saw not just some clown telling us bunch of bs? I for one have witnesses that my 426 can do what I said other tters so wheres your proof/

are you ok because you dont sound it .........too much time in the (dez) im thinking

Some of you guys crack me up. Name calling, clown, what a joke. Perhaps a minumum maturity test should be required before granting TT memberships. I have no desire to go into other forums and shoot my mouth off, why do you?

The Zook is new, seems a little faster straight line and handles extremely well. Definetly has a faster top end based on gearing charts. Maybe not 4-5 bike lengths at the end of a normal straight (I never said that), but either way get over it and pass the yellow bikes on the track when you can. Im sure you would pass me, Im a slow guy. On a fast bike.

Some of you guys crack me up. Name calling, clown, what a joke. Perhaps a minumum maturity test should be required before granting TT memberships. I have no desire to go into other forums and shoot my mouth off, why do you?

The Zook is new, seems a little faster straight line and handles extremely well. Definetly has a faster top end based on gearing charts. Maybe not 4-5 bike lengths at the end of a normal straight (I never said that), but either way get over it and pass the yellow bikes on the track when you can. Im sure you would pass me, Im a slow guy. On a fast bike.

I really dont feel like I was shooting my mouth off just responding to a claim that I feel was a little far fetched thats all. As I said before on the track I know that the crf is faster (out of the crate and on the track) but in the desert Im sorry to tell you it just doesnt hang so by saying that I think a yzf450 is a little faster than the rmz450 :) Also coming off of a drz400 any bike would feel faster :) Anyway take it as you will I'm just stating facts.

hay two pump what claim are you responding to?? the only claim gregg made was his personal track expierence. im not understanding what you are saying about this whole situation. are you saying that there is now way a rmz could beat a crf or a yzf?? or are you saying that a rmz should have no problem beating a crf or a yzf?? i like bike writer coments about all the variables with rider weight, skill, and overall ability.

You called me a clown, thats shooting off your mouth. Then act like you didnt. Bizzare. People sure get big balls behind their keyboards...

I stated fact. The RMZ has more top end then the other stock MX bikes. In the desert a stock RMZ will pull out from other bikes that arent geared to run as fast. Im sorry if that upsets you to the point of name calling but its really not that tough to figure out.

twopumpthumper

if you cannot participate in a thread with "trolling" or being insulting,you will be shown the door. :)

please tone it down.