Sign in to follow this  

1999 TTR225 Worth?

There's a 1999 TTR225 near me that's in pretty good shape. What's something like this worth? I'm looking for a second bike to putt around with the kids.

Any issues with these bikes?

i would say under 2 grand. got our 03 for 2300, so under 2000 should be good. i would not reccomend a 225 for putting around. ITS HEAVY! if you can overlook that it's a great bike, no issues at all. try something lighter, cause this bikes wears me out when i ride it

v max, I wouldn't pay more than 12-14 hundred for it. I had an 02 and it was not good as a main scoot. I went to a wr 400 and now a 300 exc. if you were just using it for wheelies, kid ride and slow screw around stuff it is fine. THe ttr 250 has real suspension and more power so you may want to consider one if you one.

Don't expect alot from the 225 and you won't have any issues. It is rock solid, but basically 2 wheels and a motor.

I would say under 2k. It is a plie of crap. It weighs more than an XR400, has less than has half the power, and the plastics are cheaply made(britle) and are expensive to replace. It does have that low rider vintage feel and has a comfy seat. Look in to a XR200(or 250 but it seams like you want a toy like bike) for a bike to fart around on. :)

Zekedawg, I'm not going to get rid of my 04' 300 EXC, this is just something to ride around with the kids. I was also thinking it could be a buddy bike and possibly get the wife to ride it but after looking at the weight, I think it's too heavy. I also saw in this forum where you have to buy OEM plastic for it which kinda blows. The guy wants $1500 which is a pretty decent price but you guys answered my questions and I'll continue to look for an XR250, TTR250 or KLX300.

weldabike, I'll forward the guys contact information to you.