The promised husky revolution is here - 2006 sneak pic SM610S

That engine looks suspiciously like the one from the 610 dual sport. I don't know what type of power it makes but it probably is heavy.

The claimed weight is about 18 lbs less than the old style SM610S. 10 hp power increase and modern ergonomics and suspension(my '03 TE610E is still mid '90's Husky). This bike should feel fine on the street. The dual sport version will be a little lighter due to wheels and tires. The only thing that doesn't make sense is mention of dual cams with rocker arms. With these improvements this will be a killer bike and if they make a DS version even better. No other bikes in these classes have counter balanced 6 speed motor, my TE610E will cruise at 75mph and do single track with stock gearing. KTM, Suzuki, and Honda dont come close.

Pretty bike!

I’m getting worried that Husqvarna might be putting to many of their eggs in the same basket.

Super Motard is never going be anywhere near the size of Supercross or even National Outdoor MX.

I just recently heard that Husky didn’t sign Fred Hoess and he’s now on a GasGas (Big Mistake for Husky)

So as it stands I don’t believe they signed anyone to race Enduro or GNCC.

Apparently they think that there’s a big market for Super Retard.

Now the question I have is why would anyone buy a Husky Super Motard when you could go out and buy a new Honda CR450F with wheels and Brakes for less?

And you’d still have about a thousand bucks left over.

Oh Ya, I forgot KTM is selling Super Motards by the boat loads...Ya right...the dealers can’t even give them away.

Call your Husky and ask him what’s up!

Calm down. I'm bummed about Fred too, I was hoping the rumour wasn't true. It seemed the improved TE250 impressed Fred, but he's really a 2 stroke guy. Watching Fred blaze through the woods on a 125 is always a treat. If I was Husky I would of brought in a container of 2 strokes just for Fred. He rode a Suzuki for Bromleys and came back to Husky, so hope for the best. Juha Salminen ain't riding a KTM 4 stroke. I was hoping for Fred and Wally Palmer on Huskys this year. Imagine what Wally could do If he wasn't kicking that RMZ-250 forever every start. Husky is really dropping the ball in off road racing. In '02 if Fred and Side Show Bob could have figured out the fuel consumption on a WR250, Husky could have had a National Enduro Championship.

My dealer can sell every TE610E street bike he can get. My TE610E is my streetbike and a set of motard wheels are in its future. Super Motards are just a part of the picture and a much bigger deal in Europe.

I have to email you.

I think Billy King would have stayed with Husky if he "got a better support deal". I know his dad was dropping some bucks keeping that Husky 125 together 2 years ago. Things breaking like frames are not normal in my book. I think he would have still won the ECEA HS series on a Husky.

Maybe Fred left for more money, but I can't see were fart fart can afford much of a racing program either.

Husqvarna could have a darn good off road program if ferracci had'nt pissed all that money on steve lamson and the mx team. I was lucky enough to see lammy holeshot two motos though, once on a 125 and he got ran over two corners later :) and again on a 250 he ripped a big sart the hangtown national.

Apparently they think that there’s a big market for Super Retard.

Now the question I have is why would anyone buy a Husky Super Motard when you could go out and buy a new Honda CR450F with wheels and Brakes for less?

And you’d still have about a thousand bucks left over.

Oh Ya, I forgot KTM is selling Super Motards by the boat loads...Ya right...the dealers can’t even give them away.

Call your Husky and ask him what’s up!

Get a Honda for less?

Do you know how much money it costs to convert a CRF over to a motard? Kiss $500 for a cheap front brake goodbye, another $400.00 for lights and larger winding, another $1150 for really cheap wheels, $250 for tires, $800 revalving and lowing the suspension. And you still don't have E-start!

But you do have a bike that needs its valves, piston and rings changed out every 15 hours.

Anyway, supermoto is a growing sport and I'm getting into it this year with an '05 SM510. And for the record, CW rated last year's Husky SM450R better than KTM's 450 and Husky's SM510 is a lot cheaper to run out on the street than converting a KTM 525SM over and the Husky has electric start too boot!

Personally I believe Husky is going in a good direction. They are serving their base with great woods bikes while expanding into the only genre of motorcycles that is really growing and getting increased brand recognition in the process.

Supermoto is going to be the NEXT big thing. Think about it, bikes you can ride anywhere. They are HUGELY popular overseas, the US is next. Especially with gas prices about to go thru the roof. Husky is going in the right direction plain and simple.

I will have a SM for street and dirt bikes. No longer need my crocket rocket for anything. Maybe a Goldwing down the road in 10 years.

Certainly not a POS Harley/Cruiser, that market has hit it's peak.

Supermoto is going to be the NEXT big thing. Think about it, bikes you can ride anywhere. They are HUGELY popular overseas, the US is next. Especially with gas prices about to go thru the roof. Husky is going in the right direction plain and simple.

I will have a SM for street and dirt bikes. No longer need my crocket rocket for anything. Maybe a Goldwing down the road in 10 years.

Certainly not a POS Harley/Cruiser, that market has hit it's peak.

"I heeeerd dat"

Hey, I’m not down on SuperMoto, I’ve just been following it for sometime now and here on the east coast they’re building new tracks like the one in Englishtown NJ Raceway Park.

But also keep in mind that the group that has been promoting Supermoto up in New York hasn’t been pulling in the numbers that would say this sport is growing. They have been getting about the same numbers every race for the last 3 years.

The issue I have with Husqvarna competing in Supermoto is that the financial resources that it will take will be similar to Supercross.

Another thing to consider is that a lot of KTM dealers are still sitting on 04 Supermoto bikes.

On the issue of Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, KTM and Husqvarna’s holding up, when you’re racing one of these bikes at Supermoto speeds they all need to get rebuilt after a few races. We just had this discussion over the weekend, anything with titanium valves and High RPM’s will wear. Add to that small oil capacities and what do you have?

On top of that how much do you think it’s going to cost to get someone at Jeff Wards level to come and ride for them and after it’s all said and done how many bike are they going to have to sell to pay for it?

I’m sorry the numbers just don’t add up.

The KTM's are sitting on the floor for a number of reasons:

1) They are asking too much money for them and unwilling to deal. Adding insult to injury, you've got to pour another $1500 to $2000 into KTM's SMs to make them street legal and get E-start.

2) Out of the box the KTM's aren't what most people are looking for. I want a bike I can ride on the street and flog on the track.

3) The '04 Huskies seem to be proving themselves more durable than everybody else's offerings and the '05s are expected to be even more durable.

BTW, Husky has employed the Eddie Seel, who gave Husky a world Championship in supermoto, for several years.

I would hardly call that bike new or a revolution. Nice body work on a 15 year old frame and motor. I like it but come on. I have seen versions of that bike for a few years now. Also look close, I don't think that is a twin cam motor. I like the styling but the pipe is a little to much, I would have to paint it grey. I like the 510 Loynz posted better but he is a KTM guy so what does he know :)

I agree with ride, that is hardly a revolution, more like BNG. A bike like that has been pictured in their brochure for a few years now and its nothing we've never seen before.

It may not be a revolution, but it's more than bold new graphics. If you ride an '00-'03('98,'99 in Europe also) SM610S or TE610E you know the suspension and ergonomics are pure '90's Husky. The engine isn't 15 years old, it's a hybrid of old single cam top end with new in '98 electric start, left drive bottom end that is built big for longevity(has a cushdrive in clutch and rear wheel, higher oil capacity and paper filter). This makes a tough streetable motor. The left kick, right drive bottom end of an old 410-610, 400-570 doesn't look much different than my '82 2 stroke bottom end it was developed from. I know compared to an '04-'05 TE or SMR it doesn't seem like much, but suspension and new body work combined with carb, power improvements and weight loss this a new bike.

I think Husky needs to start pouring more bucks into development/refinement & evolution on engineering.Rather than facelifts which this SM is, seems to run the 570 tank on the old SM610 platform.For a start a 9 litre 2 gallon tank is too small for road use.

Husky needs to make large gas tanks an option on the new 05 4 strokes now.

Additionally the new SMR 450/510 don't have an ignition key stupid for practicality.Also a cush drive would help where the bikes are used purely on the road.

The E-start 610 (out since 98 Europe) has a lot of potential but needs to be pumped out to about 650 cc to give it more legs.

The engine has massive main bearings & large big end to cope.

The engine is a beauty smooth torquey but lacks real grunt compared the XR650/LC4.

Not having done any research on the bike and model, I assume you're right about the not a revloution part, at least 90% right. I was being excited over the new picture when I dropped in the post title. We can't edit the post titles like in the old days or I would have done that by now.

have to be careful of your chosen post title these days.

I have to email you.

I sent you address in PM or contact me through ECEA BB.

I traded my 2003 KTM 625sxc a few months back. I had a Trick Dual Sport Kit on it . It shook like a paint shaker and ran hot on single trails in mid summer down here in Louisiana. Can you or anyone else give me a comparison with the TE610 Dual Sport? I see that it is no longer avaiable in the USA. I want a Dual Sport. In the last year I have bought and gotten rid of a 2003 KTM 625SXC, 2003 KLX400SR, and 2003 KLR 650. The KLX 400SR was sweet but I shattered my right Humerous(needed surgery and a metal plate Ouch)on the thing and did not want it after that. At 54 the bones heal slowly.

Jamboa :)