Sign in to follow this  

Carnegie....sound check?

Has anyone ever been sound checked at Carnegie or even seen it done there?

I only ride there mid week so no rangers roaming around. No, I don't ride a loud bike.

Thanks

Brewster

Apparently they have the equipment, but no manpower or desire to do it. I have never heard of anyone being checked there (yet). Hollister... that's a different story though.

Hey Brewster, we were out there on sunday the 6th, I guy pulled up 2 trucks away on a WR426F with a White Brothers E-Series can and about 10 plates, ranger pulled up said he was to load and not to ride his bike, did not hear much more as a super load quad came by, ears are still ringin.

Kraig

:) Yeah,

I've seen a few loud bozo's get pulled over. Don't rev your engine in the staging area and you're fine! :)

:p Yeah,

I've seen a few loud bozo's get pulled over. Don't rev your engine in the staging area and you're fine! :)

But, after they were pulled over, did the ranger do a sound check with a sound meter?

I have no problem with revving in the staging area, my exhaust checked out at 92 db down in Hollister. :)

Thanks for the replies.

Brewster

Last time I was there, I asked a ranger if he could do a soundcheck on my bike so I knew what I was at. He's all, all the equipment is in the front office, they may do it if they're not busy.

I've never gotton checked, neither have my friends. Havent seen anyone gettin checked neither.

The rangers at Carnegie are a bunch of friggin' Nazis. Last time I rode there (Thanksgiving), I was pulled over twice by a Nazis on KTMs.

The first time it happened, I was up riding in the hills. My cousin and I were flying through some trails and pulled over to check out the view. A Nazi ranger pulled up behind us, put down his snazzy little KTM kickstand and walked over.

"Don't you guys think you were going a bit fast?"

"No."

"You passed me back there and you two were going a bit too fast."

"Too fast? There is no speed limit up here on the hills and trails, and we were in control of our bikes."

"Well you never know, accidents happen."

Then he walked back to his bike and rode off. I guess he was pissed at us because he couldn't keep up? :)

The second time I got pulled over was when I was riding from the MX track through the 4X4 area over to where we were parked. A Nazi ranger pulled me over for speeding. I know there is a speed limit (15mph) on the roads and in the parking area. He told me that there is a speed limit of 15mph anytime you are within 50 feet of another rider. &%$#@!?!?!? I have never heard of that before. I have never heard that from a Nazi ranger before, and have not read that on any of their information boards or maps. He even asked me for my driver's license, which I didn't have because it was back at my truck. He wanted to follow me back but then decided not to after I told him what my DL # was. He called in on the radio and ran my name and DL #. After waiting there for 10 minutes while his little Hitler fingers scribbled some jibberish on a note pad, he said I was free to go.

He then told me that if I wanted to ride fast that I should go up into the hills and ride the trails. I told him that I had gotten pulled over up there for going too fast, and nobody was around! He shrugged his shoulders and rode off! &%$#@!?!?!?

I know they are only doing their job, but they're friggin' Nazis!

Carnegie is awesome. Head to the very back. When you hit the boundary fence go North. I hope you like climbing.YOU GET TO SEE A LOT OF BLUE SKY BACK THERE

My Brother in Law and I were sound checked last time out. They are a little nuts with it sometimes.

Sorry my post isnt about the sound check. But I just moved upto fremont, and would like to meet up with sum ppl. Would like to find out the places to ride.

The rangers at Carnegie are a bunch of friggin' Nazis. Last time I rode there (Thanksgiving), I was pulled over twice by a Nazis on KTMs.

The first time it happened, I was up riding in the hills. My cousin and I were flying through some trails and pulled over to check out the view. A Nazi ranger pulled up behind us, put down his snazzy little KTM kickstand and walked over.

"Don't you guys think you were going a bit fast?"

"No."

"You passed me back there and you two were going a bit too fast."

"Too fast? There is no speed limit up here on the hills and trails, and we were in control of our bikes."

"Well you never know, accidents happen."

Then he walked back to his bike and rode off. I guess he was pissed at us because he couldn't keep up? :)

The second time I got pulled over was when I was riding from the MX track through the 4X4 area over to where we were parked. A Nazi ranger pulled me over for speeding. I know there is a speed limit (15mph) on the roads and in the parking area. He told me that there is a speed limit of 15mph anytime you are within 50 feet of another rider. &%$#@!?!?!? I have never heard of that before. I have never heard that from a Nazi ranger before, and have not read that on any of their information boards or maps. He even asked me for my driver's license, which I didn't have because it was back at my truck. He wanted to follow me back but then decided not to after I told him what my DL # was. He called in on the radio and ran my name and DL #. After waiting there for 10 minutes while his little Hitler fingers scribbled some jibberish on a note pad, he said I was free to go.

He then told me that if I wanted to ride fast that I should go up into the hills and ride the trails. I told him that I had gotten pulled over up there for going too fast, and nobody was around! He shrugged his shoulders and rode off! &%$#@!?!?!?

I know they are only doing their job, but they're friggin' Nazis!

I'm curious, was the guy short hispanic wearing a bullet proof vest??

I thought I was the only one that had to deal with the joker rangers they got patrolling that place. Some of those guys are on short man power trips.

As far as going there during the week.. I always go and allot of the time there's knowone even at the gate to collect money. :)

No, he was a white dude, about 6 feet tall or so. The other ranger looked about the same.

There is another ranger there, he's always cruising a quad around. He's a nice guy. Very polite.

Me and a bud are riding both this sunday (2/20) and monday (2/21). Probably 1 day at hollister and the other at carnegie. Not sure where on which day yet, but let me know if any other riders are heading out. Our plans are weather permitted though!

Was He About 30 Years Old Clean Cut ,acted Like He Was A Cop And cokey As Hell .if Thats Him He Is An Ass H*&^&*

I'm not sure on his age, it was tough to tell since he never took his helmet or goggles off. But he did act like he was a cop and was a cocky a-hole. :)

I don't know what his problem was, and I don't really care. Maybe he was having a bad day or something. If I was a ranger there I'd probably be a dick now and then too. That place is a mad house on the weekends. People flying every which way, idiots on quads drag racing on the roads, etc. If I worked a weekend there I'm sure I would have a $hitty attitude too! :)

For some reason Carnegie attracts a lot of unskilled newbie riders. Prairie City is the same way. I ride defensively at both of those places. The last thing I need is to get ran over by a 4X4 quad with a winch on the front, gun mount on the handle bars, and front and rear fender racks. :p

I'm not sure on his age, it was tough to tell since he never took his helmet or goggles off. But he did act like he was a cop and was a cocky a-hole. :p

I don't know what his problem was, and I don't really care. Maybe he was having a bad day or something. If I was a ranger there I'd probably be a dick now and then too. That place is a mad house on the weekends. People flying every which way, idiots on quads drag racing on the roads, etc. If I worked a weekend there I'm sure I would have a $hitty attitude too! :D

For some reason Carnegie attracts a lot of unskilled newbie riders. Prairie City is the same way. I ride defensively at both of those places. The last thing I need is to get ran over by a 4X4 quad with a winch on the front, gun mount on the handle bars, and front and rear fender racks. :)

Ya, I hear ya about Carnegie attracting newbies. They should atleast have one way trails there. You gotta ride defensively there or else you will end up off a cliff.. :)