need helmet help

I want a Troy lee but can't try one on before ordering. I fit Shoei, HJC and Thor in large but O'neals don't fit the shape of my head. I heard the Troy lee run small but wonder if I'll be happy with the shape.

Does anyone have any personal experiences to share?

I want a Troy lee but can't try one on before ordering. I fit Shoei, HJC and Thor in large but O'neals don't fit the shape of my head. I heard the Troy lee run small but wonder if I'll be happy with the shape.

Does anyone have any personal experiences to share?

Check this site out, maybe it'll help.

http://www.mammothmotorsports.com/helmetsizechart.html

After you decide on the helmet you want, try Ebay.

I have bought a new RF 1000 and a used Arai VX-Pro

for about a third of what it would have cost me at a retail store.

After you decide on the helmet you want, try Ebay.

I have bought a new RF 1000 and a used Arai VX-Pro

for about a third of what it would have cost me at a retail store.

No offense, but I'm not sure I'd trust my hard head to a 'used' helmet. One has NO idea about the history of a helmet bought on ebay........could easily have been wrecked bad, and be basically worthless.

just my $.02

personally I would want to try it on first. I mean fit and feel means more than looks in my opinion. Just my 02 cents

I have had two shoei's and they fit really similarly to tld's.But would advise to try one on first. Also, if you know exactly what your hat size is i.e. 7.25 or 7.5, look at their chart size to see if your size is the same as theirs. For instance I wear a small shoei and tld. Both companies are 6.75 to 7 and that would explain why they both fit pretty much the same. I can't however wear hjc or most of the helmets they produce because their size is something like 6.625 to 6.875 for a small,which is too small and 7 to 7.125 which is too big. good luck :)

I would never buy a helmet or boots without trying on first. There are to many variables to ensure you will be confortable with it.