Boyesen Accel Pump cover

I've ridden a few times with it now, and quite like it.

My bike hasn't hot-stalled in a corner since I've installed it, and the throttle response on the track is much better. Crack the throttle = instant response. It hasn't bogged on a hard landing either.

If you install one of these, be sure to remember that you've introduced air into the accel pump system, and it will take a lap to two (and some throttle twisting) to work it out. DON'T JUMP ANYTHING! Once all the air is bled, away you go.

One other thing - my bike still doesn't rev like a 2-smoke when I crack the throttle on the stand. It will still cough. Personally, I don't care because it is the on-track performance that matters, and I haven't been able to make it cough on the track. Boyesen does recommend a richer fuel screw setting which I will experiment more with.

Verdict: Good stuff. Worth the $$ IMHO.

how much?

where did you get it?

will I work on a wr?

I installed one on my WR250 this past weekend as well. I also installed a size 40 leak jet. I haven't been able to really ride the bike because of rain this past Friday and my riding area near my house was terrible mud. I'll have to see how it does and maybe go back to the stock size 70 leak jet. I also have the Zip Ty fuel screw installed.

Good to hear the great review though.

Have you changed the leak jet yet? Or, is this the first thing you did to try to cure the bog?

It's $89, your dealer should be able to get it from their favorite distributor, or you can call Boyesen.

I thought I read recently here at TT that another member bought one and had no luck with it at all? I went back several days and can not find his post now. I am either going insane or it got lost in cyberspace!!

Did anyone else read that too? I am neither for or against this product. just trying to make a calculated purchase.

Mark

04wr250f, here's the dialogue you are looking for. I seriously doubt the reliability of this report, since the Pilot Jet is not part of the AP circuit...

Dont waste your money> I ended up taking mine off and just putting a bigger pilot jet in. The pilot jet was 8.00 and did a better job.
Pilot jet???
actually I have replaced all of my jetting
I thought I read recently here at TT that another member bought one and had no luck with it at all? I went back several days and can not find his post now. I am either going insane or it got lost in cyberspace!!

Did anyone else read that too? I am neither for or against this product. just trying to make a calculated purchase.

Mark

04wr250f, here's the dialogue you are looking for. I seriously doubt the reliability of this report, since the Pilot Jet is not part of the AP circuit...
:)

What I was getting across is I had a bog and it was from where I just needed to Rejet. I say save your money and rejet everything. I still had the bog after the boyesen cover. If I would have just done proper jetting first I wouldnt have needed to spend the money on the cover.

Thanks guys!!

Mark