Sign in to follow this  

XR250/400 in the $2500 Range

I am looking for an XR250 or 400 for my son. We are looking at a $2500 to $2800 budget. Being in Southern CA, what year/condition should we be looking at?

Any years/stuff to watch out for? Anything maintained properly is more important than the age I would guess...

Thanks for any input,

The only years to watch out for are the 84-85 XR250. But with a budget like yours you could easily get a 96-present bike. You are correct well maintained is much more important than age.

Hi there,

You should be able to pick up a nice one for between $ 2,200 and $ 2,500. I picked up an XR400R (1998) in Decembr for $ 2,300 - in great shape. I also say another 98 XR sell on one of the local AZ trail rider websites last week for $ 2,200. Great bikes.

Good luck!

Hi there,

You should be able to pick up a nice one for between $ 2,200 and $ 2,500. I picked up an XR400R (1998) in December for $ 2,300 - in great shape. I also say another 98 XR sell on one of the local AZ trail rider websites last week for $ 2,200. Great bikes.

Good luck!

I'm looking for a budget 250 as well. The 400 is just too tall for me. You should have no trouble finding either one in the So Cal area. Prices I have seen nationwide for a 250 run from 1000 to 4700 for 1996-2004. Average 4-6 year old bike is about 2500. Ebay will show lower numbers, but shipping is several hundred bucks for a sight-unseen bike. I would already have one if So Cal was not 4-6 hours from Las Vegas. Good deals are gone by the time I can get there. Try Traderonline.com and Cycletrader.com. Good hunting! If you see a good 250 that you pass up, let me know. My search continues.