CRF 250 head Flowed

I just finished flowing a 05 crf 250 head and it out flows the 04 head over the entire curve by a couple of cfm ,i havent had a chance to measure the portcross section down port yet, it still looks a little larger than it should be i will have to see if its close to the entry port area .the 05 head should be an improvement in power over the entire curve compared to the 04 head .

RHC

How does a modded 04 head compare to the 05. I remember you getting the 04 to flow very well after some putty work.

Mike

the moded 04 head out flows the stock 05 head by 7-8 cfm

...still waiting for my backordered 2005 head.... :)

At which data points Ron?

Yep, me too !!!! :)

Ron, will the epoxy ever deteriorate or break loose in the head? are there any possible problems with an epoxied head? thanks

Rich the 05 head out flowed the 04 head @ every point in .050" increments i made a special fixture to open the valves last year and it seems to produce repeatable results i also tested the head with out valves in it .the flow was a couple cfm better .the 04 head peaked flow @ .350" lift the 05 head continued to gain flow @ higher lifts a good indicator the air is folowing the short side better .

sounds like the head work is going good, i can't wait to get that thing back on my bike :)

is getting an 05 head ported worth it? or is it becoming a waste because stock heads aare getting better and better.

Rich the 05 head out flowed the 04 head @ every point in .050"

Thanks Ron. :)