Men! Ugh!

Different degrees of dating....hmmm....ok....those guys you lead on and have no intention of doin'....and the guys you dig....so you're already doin' them. Hmmmmm....ok....if I was doin' the guy....I'd expect flowers, or something.

If I was just leading him on....then....well....then he TOTALLY lost the chance of me EVERY doin' him!

???:D:D:o?:D:D:D???

But.....I was never gonna do that guy anyway. But it's always nice to have a full belly of fine food before going out for a late night with the "bad boy" that has no money for expensive things.

LMAO in spite of knowing its true.

It's this kind of logic that has me wondering how I ever really thought I'd figure women out.

I'm really thankful to see another gal point out what I think TC called, perhaps, correctly.

My Dad always said if it looks like a duck and floats like a duck, chances are high that, it's a duck.

To the thumperette who started this thread, nothing personal babe.

See Ya,

Kelly

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. She hasn't posted anything since the original post,and is just seeing what she can stir up (stirrup?).

She couldn't have just met both of them if she's been dating both of them for the past month. No defending her just because she's a girl.

How can a girl that doesn't want to be serious about a guy or guys expect flowers for valentine's Day?

I think a Pitty Party is in process here, and I'm not falling for it!

Too bad, so sad! ?

ok, I guess I have some splaining to do. And to those guys who called me a ho, you just proved how dense some men are about women. ?

I am not "doing" anyone. I've only dated for a month. If I was "doing" someone at this early stage, I would call myself a ho. I am just trying to get to know them. and yes, "degrees of dating" happens, at least for me it does. I was married for a decade to a guy I instantly fell in love with and dated exclusively at too young an age. I didn't know any better that is for sure. Now I do know better, and I'd like to take it slow. If I were a golddigger, or a ho, I'd look for the quick payoff, I wouldn't be taking my time. Not to mention I am well enough off on my own that I don't need to gold-dig. I know thats a shocker for some guys that there's women out there that can make it on there own and do quite well for themselves. I was just looking for a simple jesture. And as for not sending them something, in my era, chicks don't chase after guys, call them first, or send them gifts first, although giving is very much in my nature. No offense if people see it differently, it's just how I was brought up.

And just for the record, the flowers thing is symbolic for me. I NEVER got any of that stuff from my first husband and it was painful especially since I often worked 2 jobs, paid all the bills, cleaned the house, and took care of him. YEp, I thought I was over that, but it kinda hit me outta the blue again today. And yep, I was feeling a bit sorry for myself. So, call me a golddigger if you like guys, but I have a bit of respect for myself these days and would like a guy who at least appears to care a bit more than the last. Come on and disrespect that. ?

And just for the record, the flowers thing is symbolic for me. I NEVER got any of that stuff from my first husband and it was painful especially since I often worked 2 jobs, paid all the bills, cleaned the house, and took care of him.

You should just be happy that you finally shook off that deal !

50ccchick,

What a great reply. ?

I'll take back what I posted.

You really sound like a sweet gal with the proper priorities, especially this

since I often worked 2 jobs, paid all the bills, cleaned the house, and took care of him

I've had quite a few friends who lived enjoyed this lifestyle with wonderful girls. To bad they didn't realize just how sweet they had it, until it was over and the relationship was beyond repair.

It may be a little late but you still got 31 minutes to enjoy it, Happy Valentines Day.

I hope one of these guys turns out to be Mr. Right, and I'm glad to see you don't need any Mr. Rightnow.

See Ya,

Kelly

So, call me a golddigger if you like guys, but I have a bit of respect for myself these days and would like a guy who at least appears to care a bit more than the last. Come on and disrespect that. ?

Ahem!!!! Now that Thorina is done giving me the German stronghold and Borbachav has rolled up after the chain whipping I'll reply. You have explained it and by no means was it required..... I apologize for implying you are a HO. I was just caught up in the Men! Ugh! title along with the way your post came off.

You are not a HO and I'll go as far as to say you are the next best thing to a Spring Virgin waiting to be deflowered but only by the right person who has the heart and kindness to at least give a Valentines Day gift. Happy Valentines Day... ?

ok, I guess I have some splaining to do. And to those guys who called me a ho, you just proved how dense some men are about women. ?

I am not "doing" anyone. I've only dated for a month. If I was "doing" someone at this early stage, I would call myself a ho. I am just trying to get to know them. and yes, "degrees of dating" happens, at least for me it does. I was married for a decade to a guy I instantly fell in love with and dated exclusively at too young an age. I didn't know any better that is for sure. Now I do know better, and I'd like to take it slow. If I were a golddigger, or a ho, I'd look for the quick payoff, I wouldn't be taking my time. Not to mention I am well enough off on my own that I don't need to gold-dig. I know thats a shocker for some guys that there's women out there that can make it on there own and do quite well for themselves. I was just looking for a simple jesture. And as for not sending them something, in my era, chicks don't chase after guys, call them first, or send them gifts first, although giving is very much in my nature. No offense if people see it differently, it's just how I was brought up.

And just for the record, the flowers thing is symbolic for me. I NEVER got any of that stuff from my first husband and it was painful especially since I often worked 2 jobs, paid all the bills, cleaned the house, and took care of him. YEp, I thought I was over that, but it kinda hit me outta the blue again today. And yep, I was feeling a bit sorry for myself. So, call me a golddigger if you like guys, but I have a bit of respect for myself these days and would like a guy who at least appears to care a bit more than the last. Come on and disrespect that. ?

?:D:D:D:D??? ah jeez.......cry me a frigging river. it's all about mary? dump the dorks if you want and move on. Good guys who are dating a woman they like/ love for a LONG time usualy come thru with the heart stuff. one month..too soon to do valentines stuff usuallly anyway. You should give the two men the same break you asked us to give you. Think of their side of the story and dont think it for them..maybe they have good reasons not to give a V day thing to woman they've known for a week or 3. makes sense to me. reason 1 look I happen to take V day serious for a serious chick of long standing only. its not a casual thing with me whats wrong with that?....... reason 2 - Mary have you ever been a guy and got something nice for a woman you're "dating" and a month later it's over, she moved on? no I didnt think so. I tell you ya feel pretty stupid! :D and so with experience you take things slow nothing wrong with that......... reason 3; IN fact If I found out a woman I was dating for 3-4 weeks was upset at me not giving her a V day gift....that sends a huge red flag up......... Whacko! back off.

and for you dudes here in the thumpette forum jumpin to the quick on poor ms innocent mary...where is that guy, who thinks he is a TT cop or something that jumped all over me for my silly fun "new stud in town" post. He should be after you guys with a shotgun. he musta really just not liked my bike. :o

I'm dating two guys for the past month and not one sends flowers or anything for Valentines Day. Glad I didn't send them anything! UGH! So lame guys! ?

A month... I would have bought you a Victoria's Secret gift certificate & some

body chocolate by now, some guys are slower then others... :D

Then again maybe they bought their other dates gifts...? ?

I have learned not to expect anything from anyone, if they want to give they

will, if you want to give, you will. Two way street this dating thing. ?

Not to stir the pot even more, but what is your ladies general rule of thumb

for turning dating into doing? I know its different for every person, but I

read somewhere that it was 4-5 dates? If you didn't like the guy you

probably wouldn't go on more then 2 dates anyway, would you...?

I still think you guys are over-analyzing, and overreacting.

Maybe she's just met them both.

Maybe she doesn't know either of them very well, or doesn't see them often.

Maybe she doesnt WANT to be serious about either of them.

Maybe a night out at the movies or dinner now and then is all it is, and all it needs to be.

There's no rule that says every relationship has to be headed toward marriage!

All of which just brings us back to "Why is she worried about not getting flowers?" ?

Damn, you people are harsh! What's wrong with dating more than one person as long as they know it? I've had the best luck with girls when I've been dating 3-4 at a time. If I decide to persue a serious relationship with one of them, then I just end it with the rest. I was dating 2 other girls when I met my fiance. When I met her I knew she was the one I wanted to be with and let the other two go. Is that so wrong? No, really, my fiance' seemed to think it was fine as long as they all knew. What about you girls? ?