Cal City Feb 24-26

A group from Lockheed Martin will be heading out to Cal City the last weekend in Feb to ride and blow stuff up. We will be camping north of 20 Mule Team Road on Esse Rd. Come on out, say Hello, and watch the night time pyrotechnics...

I ride that area almost every weekend, and that sounds like fun. As long as your not planning to blow up the prison for a jail break :)

A group from Lockheed Martin will be heading out to Cal City the last weekend in Feb to ride and blow stuff up. We will be camping north of 20 Mule Team Road on Esse Rd. Come on out, say Hello, and watch the night time pyrotechnics...

Hey did you guys camp out at the Shadow Mtns. north of El Mirage between '84 and '86? If you did was one of your groups guys named "Florie" ? Ever ride with another guy on a blue IT-490? :)

Just curious, that group did the night time show thing. The rocket with the 8mm movie camera was kewl. Night riding with lasers, lots of bright flashes and so on...

Gotta go back to the mid-seventies to the time I camped and rode out at Shadow Mountain. In fact, my brother got lost out there in about 1974. We had to call out search and rescue, but that's another story...I thought the area was closed to bikes by the mid eighties. One of the crew that I rode with int he seventies/eighties did ride an IT, though...Dave Pichotta was his name. The last I talked to him, he no longer rode bikes.

Our pyrotechnics usually consist of both mortar launched "fireworks", and...don't try this at home...Sobe bombs or Mickey's bombs. Look for the fireballs in the night sky and you'll know where we are!

Our pyrotechnics usually consist of both mortar launched "fireworks", and...don't try this at home...Sobe bombs or Mickey's bombs. Look for the fireballs in the night sky and you'll know where we are!

This is starting to sound interesting.

yup...sure is interesting...