Sign in to follow this  

F350 Winner of attack MX CHEATED!!!!!!

Racer X is reporting that the winner of the first Attack MX 125 Novice class was actuallt a eurpean Pro who came to the states and raced under his real novie brother's name! This attack MX will never work. There is no way in hell they will EVER GET a full weekend of novice riders. These races will be filled with nothing but cherry pickin experts! Which sucks because I think I could do well in a level novice field, but it is impossible:

Read the story here:

Racer X is investigating reports that David Snow, the winner of the first Attack MX race in the 125 Novice class yesterday, is actually a top British youth prospect named Alex Snow of South Molton, England. Snow won a brand new $40,000 Ford F350 pickup truck with an incredible come-from-behind ride. The Snow who signed up now lives in Greenville, Texas, with the Adam Chatfield family and rode one of Chatfield’s Honda of Houston motorcycles.

The Attack MX race promised out more than $75,000 in prizes, including X Card Mastercards that allowed novice riders to maintain their amateur status, and although the turnout was light, they kept their word and paid out all of the promised prices.

According to Attack MX coordinator Myron Short, they culled more than a half-dozen riders who over over-qualified for the novice program. As far as the race winner Snow goes, Short said he asked Adam Chatfield, who was with Snow at the event, about the winner. “The story he gave us was that the winner was definitely not Alex Snow but his little brother David,” said Short, who added that Snow had an ID card that said “David Snow.” Short also said that Chatfield told him that Snow had only raced “three times.”

Alex Snow or David Snow?

But according to two Racer X readers who hail from England, the rider in the photo in this photo with the new truck is Alex Snow, the same rider who is pre-entered to compete on an Alloy MX/Hooper Suzuki in the big international pro race on March 6 at Hawkstone Park in England. That race will include world championship contenders Mike Brown, Cedric Melotte, Erik Eggens, plus Red Bull/KTM factory riders Mike and Jeff Alessi. (For a complete list of entries, check out: http://www.hawkstonemx.co.uk)

“If the rider in the truck is the rider who won the race, then it is Alex,” said one Racer X reader from England. There are also reports that David Snow might be the name of Alex’s dad, and Alex’s little brother is named Harry, not David.

Questions about Snow’s class were raised immediately after the race. A Google Search online found that Alex Snow raced the Sheffield SX back in 2003 in the 125 Youth class, finishing third on a KTM. He also raced in the third round of the 2004 British Nationals in the money-paying class on May 9, 2004, finishing 20th in the first moto at Waggadon Farm MX near Torrington, which was won by South African MX2 GP contender Tyla Rattray over top British veterans Stephen Sword and Tom Church. Here are the results for that race: http://www.mxnow.net.

We did not find mention of David Snow in results from England. And we could not reach Chatfield or Snow for comment.

According to Attack MX’s Short, though Snow left with the truck, the title for the truck will not be handed over for seven days anyway. If it can be proved that Alex Snow was racing out of class, Short says the truck will then go to second-place finisher Michael Bussy, who literally lost by a wheel.

Stay tuned to this Breaking News story on Racer X Online.

That is a sad set of circumstances but here is my take on it all. If the second place rider (Bussey) was a wheel away from winning then he is not a novice rider either. Cheaters is what I call them.

If the second place rider (Bussey) was a wheel away from winning then he is not a novice rider either.

That's what I was thinking too. They should give the truck to the LAST PLACE guy. Probabaly, the only true novice in the field.

Just from reading all of this about this attack race it sounds like it will not be long before it goes belly up because it will get out of control i'm sure. No pro riders, pro riders there to police any pro that could be sandbagging, Please :) It will turn into a controled bomb of sorts. I'm sure the AMA will take a second look into this whole idea and butt heads with the founders of this great idea before it really gets out of hand.. I don't really for see it living very long. There first race is turning out to be a cluster bang already with finger pointing and name switching.. :)

Except for the fact that the second place guy started out front and battled with third and the first place guy came from way back in the pack. If they had both started out front then I would agree. The fact is that they will have mucho sandbaggers every race.

Like I have said from the start, its a sandbaggers paradise.

I think if its a true novice race, you must:

1. bring the bike to the track in a pickup truck

2. bike must be at least a year old

3. Not a list of sponsors a mile long(maybe half dozen at most)

4. If you happen to win by a mile, 1st place goes to the 2nd place rider.

5. If you already drive a new truck like the one you will win, then you are sent home.

I am a novice, and I fit all these categories(except for the truck, I drive a 97 Sonoma) and so do 90% of the novice riders I ride with or race with. This is crap, shame on that idiot for doing that and screwing the real novice's who like me, have to scrounge for entry fee money, and gas to get there. :)

The only way I see it possibly working is to run all classes and randomly draw to see which class gets the huge payout. Even so, they'd need at least 2 extra refs on hand to pick out and DQ the sandbaggers. I'd still like to know where the money, etc. is coming from, never seen an interview with the organizers of this thing anywhere.

Like I have said from the start, its a sandbaggers paradise.

I think if its a true novice race, you must:

1. bring the bike to the track in a pickup truck

2. bike must be at least a year old

3. Not a list of sponsors a mile long(maybe half dozen at most)

4. If you happen to win by a mile, 1st place goes to the 2nd place rider.

5. If you already drive a new truck like the one you will win, then you are sent home.

I am a novice, and I fit all these categories(except for the truck, I drive a 97 Sonoma) and so do 90% of the novice riders I ride with or race with. This is crap, shame on that idiot for doing that and screwing the real novice's who like me, have to scrounge for entry fee money, and gas to get there. :)

The way you categorize a novice is absurd. One of the latest crazes is people with a lot of money are getting into the sport.

1) Enclosed trailers are less than $3000.00 and well worth every penny when it's raining, cold and crappy out. (In Michigan the season starts in March. Still snow on the ground.)

2) If you have money, why would you pay $4000.00 for a year old bike when you can get a brand new one that hasn't been beat up yet for $1000.00 more?

3) I agree with the sponsorships, but I've listened to a lot of people read off sponsors and none of them ever flip them a dime. They just list off all the people that they buy stuff from.

4) If you win by a ton, DQ them, but you know that people will just ride slower once they get out in front of everyone. I've seen that on a weekly basis.

5) Once again, if you have money, why not buy a new one.

Your list of qualifications have nothing to do with being a Novice. A true novice is based solely on his riding and technique and not what he can pay for.

People have to have enough self respect to bump themselves up to the next class. I couldn't wait until I could get out of C class. It used to be a privilege to bump up a class, but now it seems that everyone thinks that they are going to make millions being a C rider. They sandbag all year long so they can go to Loretta Lynns and get 5th place in C class and all that does is hurt them throughout the entire year. You won't get any faster when you are the fastest in a slow class.

As far as AttackMX, I think it is just encouraging people to stay at a level less than they are capable of. What's the glory in that? I guess money talks, but IMO, it is a joke!!!

:):p;):D:D:o:D

i wonder if the pros were pretending to ride like amateurs..i mean they obviously dindt keep the pro style..maybe they good rode for 10laps :)

Generally it isn't what the novice can pay for, it's what daddy can pay for.

The nice thing about mx is that a fast kid on an older bike can beat a someone on a better bike.

Generally it isn't what the novice can pay for, it's what daddy can pay for.

The nice thing about mx is that a fast kid on an older bike can beat a someone on a better bike.

I agree, it's all about the rider and not the equipment or money.

It is about the rider, I have seen many people pull up in an old beat up pickup with an old bike and do very well. There are a lot and I mean a lot of rich kids getting into the sport mainly because of the X-games. I know a few, they do backflips, and have beat Bubba.... Yeah thats what the say they have done. Can't get them to go riding with you, always a good excuse....

The way you categorize a novice is absurd. One of the latest crazes is people with a lot of money are getting into the sport.

1) Enclosed trailers are less than $3000.00 and well worth every penny when it's raining, cold and crappy out. (In Michigan the season starts in March. Still snow on the ground.)

2) If you have money, why would you pay $4000.00 for a year old bike when you can get a brand new one that hasn't been beat up yet for $1000.00 more?

3) I agree with the sponsorships, but I've listened to a lot of people read off sponsors and none of them ever flip them a dime. They just list off all the people that they buy stuff from.

4) If you win by a ton, DQ them, but you know that people will just ride slower once they get out in front of everyone. I've seen that on a weekly basis.

5) Once again, if you have money, why not buy a new one.

Your list of qualifications have nothing to do with being a Novice. A true novice is based solely on his riding and technique and not what he can pay for.

People have to have enough self respect to bump themselves up to the next class. I couldn't wait until I could get out of C class. It used to be a privilege to bump up a class, but now it seems that everyone thinks that they are going to make millions being a C rider. They sandbag all year long so they can go to Loretta Lynns and get 5th place in C class and all that does is hurt them throughout the entire year. You won't get any faster when you are the fastest in a slow class.

As far as AttackMX, I think it is just encouraging people to stay at a level less than they are capable of. What's the glory in that? I guess money talks, but IMO, it is a joke!!!

:):):D:D:o;):p

Your response is what I call absurd in retrospect. I guess you are into the latest craze of spending all your money on the sport when you first start up. Thats why you see a lot of bikes for sale in the papers also.

1) When its cold, rainy and crappy out, usually people dont ride....yes, it gets cold and crappy here too. So your saying spending the extra 5,000 for an enclosed trailer is worth every penny? You evidently have never had to barely get by with a pickup truck.

2) You ride with snow on the ground,well so do I and the season starts in the snow? Has here too.

3)Oh, and my 3 year old "beat up" bike is just as new looking as any brand new one that cost 2500 more than what I have total in mine.

4)It would be fairly obvious to see someone riding slower out front to make it look close, I see it all the time and it sounds like you speak from experience.

My list of qualifications has everything to do with being a novice. Its the guys who dont have all daddy's money to start with that end up getting burnt out on the sport because mr. daddy's money gets to play and not have to worry about $$$ side of racing.

5) Well not everyone has the money for a new truck, and the people who dont should be the ones winning it, not someone like what you describe who "has the money".

I judge a novice rider by heart and passion for the sport. Someone like me who had to mow lawns for 3 summers to get my first POS bike when I was 13, while others got brand new bikes from the time they were 5 on from the ol mighty daddy's $$$$.

If you got the speed and money and its all rider? Then what are you doing in the novice class anyways?

Go ahead and get in with the new "craze", have at it.

I judge a novice rider by heart and passion for the sport. Someone like me who had to mow lawns for 3 summers to get my first POS bike when I was 13, while others got brand new bikes from the time they were 5 on from the ol mighty daddy's $$$$.

If you got the speed and money and its all rider? Then what are you doing in the novice class anyways?

YOU DA MAN CCARL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my first ever mx race, i showed up wtih my 1983 CR80R..my dad bought me it beat to crap and not running, he and my unlce built it from the ground up and made it a mint bike....mint but not brand new

i show up at my first ever race and pull the hole shot..the talk of the race that day was the fast kid, whos dad owns a mcdonalds franchise..he had a year2000 (it would have been) 1 day old yz80

anyway..he was fast as hell throughtout his 80 days

he got on 125s and wasnt quite as fast, you know...his parents had him so built up and he dindt come thru..they spent soo much money on him

guess whos burnt out? HIM

guess whos still riding today..me;)

heres a pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/poorlilrich/PB290014.jpg

that was in october 99'

and it was a MUD FEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont think i ever made my old man more proud when then i got that holeshot.

probably because the kid on the yz, well his dad would always ask mine.."what should i get for the kids bike to go faster blah blah"

my ol man would always answer..."gas and tires".

:):p:D:)

Your response is what I call absurd in retrospect. I guess you are into the latest craze of spending all your money on the sport when you first start up. Thats why you see a lot of bikes for sale in the papers also.

1) When its cold, rainy and crappy out, usually people dont ride....yes, it gets cold and crappy here too. So your saying spending the extra 5,000 for an enclosed trailer is worth every penny? You evidently have never had to barely get by with a pickup truck.

2) You ride with snow on the ground,well so do I and the season starts in the snow? Has here too.

3)Oh, and my 3 year old "beat up" bike is just as new looking as any brand new one that cost 2500 more than what I have total in mine.

4)It would be fairly obvious to see someone riding slower out front to make it look close, I see it all the time and it sounds like you speak from experience.

My list of qualifications has everything to do with being a novice. Its the guys who dont have all daddy's money to start with that end up getting burnt out on the sport because mr. daddy's money gets to play and not have to worry about $$$ side of racing.

5) Well not everyone has the money for a new truck, and the people who dont should be the ones winning it, not someone like what you describe who "has the money".

Go ahead and get in with the new "craze", have at it.

Hey Carl, I've been riding for 10 years now. I didn't even have a bike until I was 19. I was making $5.50 per hour working 55-65 hours per week to afford it. I went through several old pieces of $hit before I could afford a new one. I never once cried that I didn't have a new bike. I was proud as h3ll that I had what I had and I paid for everything myself. I didn't get an enclosed trailer even until last year. I'm about the last person you will ever get any sympathy from. All your doing is :) that you have no money and the guy next to you has new bikes. Sounds like your just a little jealous of what everyone else has. The fact of the matter is that having a 3 year old bike or a brand new bike has absolutely no bearing on how well people can ride. It is 95% rider and 5% equipment. Until you can ride a bike to it's absolute limits (like Carmichael rode his CR250 in the outdoors), it doesn't matter if it's 3 years old or new. That's the bottom line.

It wasn't until this past year that I have even placed in the top 5 of any of my classes. The only reason that I even did was because I was persistent and showed up every weekend (because I love the sport). Get off your pedestal and quite :) . Being broke or having lots of money doesn't have anything to do with talent. One's ambition, drive and personnel goals will get a person a lot farther than the best equipment money can purchase.