New XR50 and XR100 SuperMoto Bikes Announced !!

Honda Announces the Debut of the XR50 Motard and XR100 Motard Sport Bikes

TOKYO, Japan, February 14, 2005 - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. has announced that it will release two new sport bikes, to go on sale in Japan on Friday, February 25. The XR50 Motard, equipped with an air-cooled, 4-stroke, OHC single-cylinder 50cc engine, is an ideal introductory model that is fun and easy to drive, while the XR100 Motard comes with a 100cc engine powerful enough to accommodate two riders.

Full Story:

http://www.motocross.com/story_2244.htm

I was just coming here to post that. Saw it over at motonews. Not available in the US, but shouldn't take long for parts to trickle over.

Why the liscense plate? I just got busted yesterday on the road by a cop with my 107cc. Can they make these street legal?

They look pretty cool!!!!

Why can't the dirt versions get disc????

Why the liscense plate? I just got busted yesterday on the road by a cop with my 107cc. Can they make these street legal?

Yes you can, depending on your state. Baja designs sells the kits to make it legal, quite expensive though.

the amount of these in the us will be extremley small, it would be a grey market import and there would be no way you could get it legalized. it would also cost a small fortune

But they would be sold here right ? If they were, could that mean you could do a switch of suspension so that you could run discs ? :)

no they wont be sold legally in the united states.

i want the 50

who can get their hands on some Japan Only Honda replacement parts? I want those forks, swing-arm, and brakes for my '8580R! Please... hook a brutha up!

Maybe ACS can get them in Australia and import them here? I know a guy in Italy and I can check and see if they will have them there and what the price works out to be. I would think the parts (forks, swing arm, brakes) alone would be more than the bike, though.

All I know is I have to have one! If you guys figure out how to get one over here, let me know..

thats sweet. i think they should make a mx version of a xr100, crf150, xr80, and xr50. that would be sick.