250r in the sand?

How well does the 250r do at the dunes. I am sure it is just fine at the track and on the trail but, I am a littleconcerned about the power-sucking sand at the dunes - especially when it's really dry. This seems to be more 450 territory.

Also, is there any reason I should not look at a 2004 250R? Major issues being a first year bike?

mx<-looking for a well-rounded bike.

You follow local racing don't you? You know Dusty Argyle? Can't be more than 150. He was telling me that the 250 sucks in the sand and I believe him. No question the 450 is the bike to have @ the dunes. I don't/won't have plans for a paddle on my 250.

I thought so.

Are you using your 250 for track only?

I may just stick with 2 strokes for at least one more bike.

mx

Are you using your 250 for track only?

Yes and for porking around down at 5 Mile 'n stuff.

Where do you ride your fourfitty? Seemed like 5 mile would be the place it would rule :)

mx

I have had mine out at Sand Mountain a couple of times....It is nothing compared to a 450 but it will climb anything..I prefer jumping my 250 over a 450 so it is just youre preferance.

Well, I can't deny that I am intrigued by the 4 strokers. I am just afraid I'll get bored with it. I had an 01 250f and just didn't get the thrill out of it and I do ride at places like Delle and the dunes and I don't want to be waaay behind my riding buddies - it's just not right :)

mx

Well, I can't deny that I am intrigued by the 4 strokers. I am just afraid I'll get bored with it. I had an 01 250f and just didn't get the thrill out of it and I do ride at places like Delle and the dunes and I don't want to be waaay behind my riding buddies - it's just not right :)

mx

You'll lead your riding buddies on a 450. Have you not riden a 450 motoxpress? I should have mine back together pretty quick here... you're welcome to take it fer a few laps if you like.

at one of the tracks in our series up in maine, there is an extremely loose/soft sand section that i have no problem with my 250 rippin through. also there is a really big sand pit that is mostly loose sand, and i dotn have a problem climbing pitwalls and turning on them with it.

thats what im talkin about

Where do you ride your fourfitty? Seemed like 5 mile would be the place it would rule :)

mx

Sorry... I didn't answer this one:

I haven't riden the 250f anywhere yet. I just got it like a month or so ago and have just been bling'n it out, so I've riden the 450 everywhere up until now. I do like runing the whoops @ 5 mile w/ the 450 - 4th WFO or mid 5th. I'm very anxious to get the 250f down there soon.