Sign in to follow this  

protective gear

Sorry if this has been discussed a hundred times before but I am new to TT.

I am curious what protective gear you wear and love?? Not much of a choice out there for Women as far as I can tell.

Thanks in advance for the info!

There's only one chest protector, made by Acerbis. I wear it and like it, but it's not perfecct. It comes apart at one shoulder, and I took the buckle off and riveted it together because my camelbak strap kept making it come undone. I've heard others say it bothers their shoulders. But it is also much narrower through the shoulders than most adult-sized CPs. You might check some of the youth sizes if you are petite, or standard adult ones if not.

Other than that, there is nothing really marketed towards women aside from riding gear. I think Fox has a women's helmet now, and boots, but very little choice in colors. There are no women's kidney belts that i know of. I've tried several, and use an EVS one now, when I use one which is rarely.

Now if it's riding gear you're looking at, there's more of that, but it hasn't proven too popular in here. I don't like most of the colors, but I have some women's gear from a couple of years ago in blue and white, blue and yellow, and gray and black and I really like it.

there is nothing really marketed towards women aside from riding gear.

Yep, that's what it seems and I'm buying mens riding apparel because I like the look of it better!! How about shin guards and boots? Which ones do you like and use?

I like guys riding gear better anyway. They make the girls stuff so it "fits" better but I'm not made that way.... most have a higher waist line and larger area for hips and butt. NOT what I am looking for. I could use a chest protector though....

i found they had a lower waist than the guy-cut pants. But every brand fits differently.

I wear braces, not shin guards. They're a sound investment--I've had 2 ACL surgeries, don't feel like repeating the experience. They're even somewhat comfortable once you're used to them.

Boots, I wear Sidi Force and love them. They are hinged at the ankle, and also have adjustable calf plates to make room for braces or larger calves. Breakin time was short and they have held up very well.

As far as chest protectors go, The Acerbis Lady Fusion is the one I prefer. Its stays put and does not ride up, I stopped wearing CP's until this one came out cause I was tired of constantly having to push it back down into place.

Women's gear is not all that great, the fit is not there and the colors......ewww. I wear mens Shift Recon gear, it fits well and its very durable. For the pants, you have to go one size up from what you would normally wear so there is room for your hips and booty.. :) I bought some Fox Womens gear and I hate it, wore it once. Know anyone that wants some size 5 Fox womens gear? There is way too much room in the butt and in the thigh area with some women's gear. I realize that it's not a fashion show out there on the trails or on the track but I dont want to ride around looking like I am wearing a full diaper under my gear either.

I have a set of Fleshgear as well, the pants are not that durable but they are very comfortable, I use the Fleshgear in the summer or if I am out on sand. They dont offer the same protection as the Shift gear.

Boots, Alpine Stars, Tech 8. I cant say enough about those. :)

Try on and men's and women's boots, women's boots sit lower on the calf so depending on your height, the men's may offer you better protection.

Kidney Belts, I dont use one...

Go to your local dealer and try on different gear, I suggest walking around the shop in the gear and sitting on a bike or two just to see how it feels when you actually throw a leg over a bike..

As far as CP go I had the Acerbis Ladies Fusion, well personaly I hated it, I finaly got tired of it and took it off at Speedworld in Phx,AZ and there I forgot it, not a disapointment I was more upset that I had my neck brace attatched to it and now I don't have that any more. I am relatively small 5'3" 110lbs, so I have a hard time finding gear for a small person, I have a thor cp in a childs size, I found a helmet I realy love it fits great I have tried on many other HJC, FOX, ONEAL, etc none fit as well as my VEMAR it is great. I have Thor Core pants and jersey and gloves love those. As far as boots I have yet to find ones in a small size that I like I am going to try some T6's or T8's soon. I also have Asterisk knee braces. My thought is you can't put a price on safety it costs alot less for good gear than hospital bills and time off work. Good luck finding gear you like.

I wear the Acerbis CP and like it alot. Always wear a camelback w/it and have had no problems, going on 3 years I think. The Fox mens Pro Forma boots are OK, maybe I'll try the Sidi's next. I do like the O'Neil womens pants but not the shirt.

I'm in the market for a new helmet, would like something light, well vented and under $200. Suggestions?

Anyone try the women's Thor gear? I'm really happy with the quality of my MSR gear but the waist is kind of low so they pants keep falling down.

I have a Fox jersey and I'm not impressed with the quality- after 4 washings, its already starting to pill. My MSR gear, OTH, still looks new, even after my mudfest ride this weekend! :)

Anyone try the women's Thor gear? I'm really happy with the quality of my MSR gear but the waist is kind of low so they pants keep falling down.

I have a Fox jersey and I'm not impressed with the quality- after 4 washings, its already starting to pill. My MSR gear, OTH, still looks new, even after my mudfest ride this weekend! :)

I tried on the Women's Thor gear didn't like how it fit. I was kinda between sizes. So I bought men's Thor gear and love them! AXO is good as well. What I don't get is that I am curvy and women's should fit better and men are built small thru the hips and butt, but both my pants are mens and I love the fit of them.

:)

I'm really happy with the quality of my MSR gear but the waist is kind of low so they pants keep falling down.

j/c what MSR gear do you have?

I'm really happy with the quality of my MSR gear but the waist is kind of low so they pants keep falling down.

j/c what MSR gear do you have?

I have the women's gray/black gear; pants and jersey.