Jawbone This Weekend!

I know i will be there...leaving thursday night gonna stay till monday. My group has like 8 trailors going! This is the first presidents weekend i will have been there on. Does it get real crowded? and is anyone else gonna be there?

I actually camp in dove springs but basically the same place

We will be there with about 6 rigs. Brother-in-law, in-laws, friends...

We have a Silver Explorer with a 16ft Titan toy hauler. Im riding an RMZ450 and the wife has a white LTZ400 quad.

Should be a great weekend. It gets pretty busy around camp but out on the trails it doesnt seem bad at all.

Presidents weekend is a big one ( like any other 3 dayer ) for high dez. If you don't like crowded and loud camp maybe rethink where to camp. Other than that still a good time.

I love loud and people.... Party atmosphere!!!! ?? as long as the feds leave people alone everything is fine! ? I have had a couple run ins with those guys out there and they are not nice at all! and i am a fun loving guy i try to avoid confrontation

Like previously stated, any 3 dayer is crowded and cop infested. That said, PARTY ON!!! The Man will sometimes run sobriety checkpoints and such. Kern County Sheriffs have a Hummer, many quads, and a buggy being built. The BLM and State park guys are usually in their SUVs and pick-ups. CHP cruises in on occaision, and ALL agencies have taken to remote surveillance w/ binocs as of late. A few of their pet peaves (besides having even a 1/2 ounce of beer in you) are:

Glass in your fire pit

Pallets

Fireworks

Riding w/o helmet

No valid green/red sticker

Riding closed areas

People having fun

Anything they can come up with

It isn't usually like this, but the big weekends bring 'em out like flies on you know what...

I reckon I'm the, "You know what."

See you there! ??:D:o:D?

Like previously stated, any 3 dayer is crowded and cop infested. That said, PARTY ON!!! The Man will sometimes run sobriety checkpoints and such. Kern County Sheriffs have a Hummer, many quads, and a buggy being built. The BLM and State park guys are usually in their SUVs and pick-ups. CHP cruises in on occaision, and ALL agencies have taken to remote surveillance w/ binocs as of late. A few of their pet peaves (besides having even a 1/2 ounce of beer in you) are:

Glass in your fire pit

Pallets

Fireworks

Riding w/o helmet

Riding closed areas

People having fun

It isn't usually like this, but the big weekends bring 'em out like flies on you know what...

See you there! ??:D:D?:D

whats up rick! are you serious about yet the hummer and all that crap? In jawbone? This is getting bad....I bet ya one thing that hummer cant keep up with my 426 :o?

whats up rick! are you serious about yet the hummer and all that crap? In jawbone? This is getting bad....I bet ya one thing that hummer cant keep up with my 426 ?:D

The Hummer looks cool, but couldn't even make it up the easiest play hill at the Dove bowl. (he had the tires rock hard & didn't know how to drive :o ) No way it'll keep up w/ a bike. Yeah, it's getting pretty silly lately, mostly on the big weekends.

They love to hassle working folks. Go figure ? My attitude towards them lately has been... :D

Cheers Mate! ?

[quote=Glass in your fire pit

Pallets

Fireworks

Riding w/o helmet

Riding closed areas

People having fun

See you there! :o:D???:D[/QUOte

What about gas bombs? LOL

The Hummer looks cool, but couldn't even make it up the easiest play hill at the Dove bowl. (he had the tires rock hard & didn't know how to drive :o ) No way it'll keep up w/ a bike. Yeah, it's getting pretty silly lately, mostly on the big weekends.

They love to hassle working folks. Go figure :D My attitude towards them lately has been... ?

Cheers Mate! ?

dang! i didnt knwo things were that bad. I better lay low out there! I got kicked out last spring break and i dont know if i am even suppose to be back ? damn feds :D

dang! i didnt knwo things were that bad. I better lay low out there! I got kicked out last spring break and i dont know if i am even suppose to be back ? damn feds :D

I wouldn't say that it's "bad", and there is certainly no reason to "lay low". You just need to know the rules and play accordingly. It's still a fantastic riding area where you can do everything from the easy to the extreme. (I don't do extreme anymore ? ) If you keep your wits about you while on the bike, you can party like a rock star if you so choose.

Hey Whoya,

When we do the gas bombs, potato cannons, fireworks, etc...It's outside of camp using the buggies and the night bikes :o:D? And not on the "big" weekends!

I wouldn't say that it's "bad", and there is certainly no reason to "lay low". You just need to know the rules and play accordingly. It's still a fantastic riding area where you can do everything from the easy to the extreme. (I don't do extreme anymore ? ) If you keep your wits about you while on the bike, you can party like a rock star if you so choose.

Hey Whoya,

When we do the gas bombs, potato cannons, fireworks, etc...It's outside of camp using the buggies and the night bikes ??:D And not on the "big" weekends!

Yeah i probably wont lay low but makes a little more concerned. The feds probably dont even remember me. I got you pm if i can figure out where your camp is i'll drop by. i'll be on a 2002 xr400 wearin a orange helmet

Jawbone Rick what can we expect on the weather? got 3-4 families coming to ride, weather calls for 80% rain thursday, 20% fri-sat-sun.

Thanks

Kraig

That's a tough call Unk. The low pressure system (cutoff low/ dicey to predict) has stalled off the coast and thrown off the initial forcast. J-bone should be O.K. (chants, prayers, & anti-rain dances...) Usually a few showers are welcome, because of dust reduction and increased traction, however...It's the Dez my Brother. Come on up with you and yours...Smiley faces and good attitudes prevail ? Come what may! ??:D