Sign in to follow this  

A street/Riverside county closed

went to "A street" this weekend in Riverside county and was scolded by the Sheriff. I was the first person they stopped/contacted, and I think I didn't get a ticket because I'm dualsported. The sheriff brought in their "Riverside Offroad Vehicle Enforcement" trailer, offloaded some quads, and ran everyone off with scoldings and tickets. :p They said that the law in Riverside County is that off-road vehicles can be used ONLY at OHV designated areas, meaning Quail Valley, and I'm not sure where else. Went to check out Quail Valley, it's all hills and could get scary fast since you cant see who's coming over the hill on the other side. So, mark another area off your riding list :D at least I didn't get a ticket :)

it was way muddy and fun intil we were chased off though :)

the sheriff did have riding maps, but they weren't with the one I ended up talking to, maybe call the sheriff and ask for one if you're interested

I think they do that every once in a while there. Hopefully they wont be back out there for a while.

I was at A street until dark yesterday! Had a blast. Lucky me. :)

They did the quad thing here at Santiago in November....at least it kept people from killing the poor defenseless dirt for 24hrs. Lets pray that it works better for the innocent dirt at A street. :)

Up towards lake mathews the sheriff is out in force with the helicopter. Riding is no longer allowed (even in my backyard). I have ridden here for years with no problems, so have many of our neighbors. This is the first year I have seen this and every weekend it is enforced. My guess is the new housing tracks taking over the old groves, and the flock of OC people.

If the democrates won the senate, house, hill, and Ca, do you think someone would be holding those in charge accountable? "Offroaders for BUSH" they cry out as BLM and OHV areas see record closures. Wait, is that Bush laughing at you?

Not good... I like A street when its not full of Yahoos...I don't see how they could issue tickets at A street sence its not posted No Tresspassing. Not that I'd argue with an issuing cop, just take time off work to whine to the judge.

There's s'posed to be a OHV place in Wildomar, anyone know about this?

Cops have always been pretty cool to me, so I can't really even fake like I think they are to blame. They have to respond to complaints. I think some greenie has their panties in a bunch, so their lighting up the police swithboard. Why is it that people with NO lives HATE to see others having fun? :)

Cops have always been pretty cool to me, so I can't really even fake like I think they are to blame. They have to respond to complaints. I think some greenie has their panties in a bunch, so their lighting up the police swithboard. Why is it that people with NO lives HATE to see others having fun? :)

:)

There's s'posed to be a OHV place in Wildomar, anyone know about this?

Yes, head up Ortega Hwy. from Elsinore. At the top you will see a sign for Killen Road and possibly one for Wildomar OHV Area (If you pass by the Ranger Station on your left, you missed the turn). Take this left turn and follow the road several miles past the ranch homes and the antennas at Elsinore Peak. Soon you will wind your way down into a valley. You will see a dirt parking area to your left next to the trees. There are pit toilets and pump water here. You can camp out at the campground that is 500 feet or so past this turn off. Now that the road is paved the whole way in, it is much quicker to get to than it used to be. This is a very small riding area, but it is fun for a couple hours of riding. I heard a rumor that the forest service was going to add additional land to ride on, but I haven't seen it happen yet.