Asterisk vs EVS

Rather than snag someones thread...

Asterisk Cell or EVS Web???

With price out of the equation which do you prefer???

I've never tried Webs. I had RS-7's and found them big, bulky, restrictive, and uncomfortable. That was apart from the fact that my bad knee kept getting hurt in crashes. Probably not hurt as bad as if I had had no brace on it, but bad enough to give me a limp for a few days.

The Asterisk was everything the RS-7 was not. The curvature of the upper and lower portions is user adjustable to match your leg, and there is an adjustable extension limit. They're so comfortable that I actually forgot I was wearing them the first day out. The best part? Not one day of knee pain since.

My Orthopedist said he couldn't have one built for any price that was that well made. If you need knee braces, forget everything else.

been wearing Asterisk's Cell for about a year now.........for a knee brace they are comfortable (though i don't forget i'm wearing them) but i really feel much safer with them.

Here is the deal I am trying to use up some money from my Flex Spending account. I need a docs recommendation so I can get um. I've been using EVS kneeshin guards and want to upgrade and since I need to need to pretty much burn the money and have to send it on medical stuff, so I am giving it a shot.

Asterisk's are over the counter; no doctor needed.

Right, but in order to pay for them with my Flex Spending Account I need a Doc to give a recomendation...

A flex spending account is money you can take out of your paycheck before taxes to pay for medical expenses. I planed on getting my grill fixed and never got around to it. Now I have a month to spend $800 on medical type stuff. If I don't spend it I loose it. So I am trying to get a set of knee braces with this money.

Same pair of Asterisk's for 3 years now. Will never ride without them.

3 years with my cells also. Wouldn't trade them for anything made :)

I had full reconstruction on my left knee in 1987 and use a CTI2 for that knee. I have been interested in protecting my good knee and recently ordered a EVS WEB. While I think the mechanics of the hinge are good and the brace seems alright, I could not get it to fit properly and EVS sends me two pads sewn together to solve the problem. :p

I have since sent them back to EVS, just not impressed. For that much money it better have some adjustability. :)

I will be ordering an Asterisk next. :)

I bought an EVS Web. It was uncomfortable as all hell, and fell aprt to boot. I got it replaced under warranty after a hulluva fight, then the replacement fell apart too. I gave up....

A year later a deal came along to get Asterisk's. These are sooooo much more comfortable it's amazing, and do not fall apart either which is kinda nice.

There is only one option imo :)

I'm waiting to try the EVS Vision. I had Asterisk Cells but could never get the laces to stay tight and adjusted right. They fit great and worked very well but kept working loose :) My son got some at the same time and didn't have any problem with his. He still wears his every ride. Mine have gone on to a better home elsewhere.

I was the first paying customer to buy a set of braces from Asterisk. I haven't had any regrets since. Only issues I've ever had are a broken hinge here or there from crashing in rocks but I'd rather have them replace a hinge that broke contacting a rock them what my knee would've gone through. they've saved me from a lot of tweaks also!!! BTW, the entire time I've had them I've had a torn ACL in one knee. Never once have had it give out on me with the braces on...

Khris

I had CTI2's in high school when i ran because of my bad knees. They were great but i didn't like them for MX. Recently i bought some asterisk cells and i love them. Took me about 2 weeks to get used to them but now i won't ride without them. They are comfortable and don't slide down much if any.

3 weeks ago i overshot a catapolt and crashed pretty hard, i had bruises on my shin and thigh where the knee brace saved my knee from hyper extending. Very durable too.

I'm waiting to try the EVS Vision. I had Asterisk Cells but could never get the laces to stay tight and adjusted right. They fit great and worked very well but kept working loose :) My son got some at the same time and didn't have any problem with his. He still wears his every ride. Mine have gone on to a better home elsewhere.

I read in a review to turn the laces on top so they lace from top to bottom so you tighten the laces near your knee. This should solve your problem....