Sign in to follow this  

Maxxis IT or Kenda Millville

Im trying to decide between these 2 tires. They are both in the same price range so that doesnt matter, so im only concerned about which one last longer and works better the longest. Thanks.

I've been using the Maxis IT on a CRF450, hooks up great under all but blue groove conditions and has lasted great. I have about 8 rides and it still looks like new. Maybe another 4 rides and it will be due to turn it.

You probably wont go wrong with either, i used Kenda Millvilles on my 450, they hooked up great and long lasting, a lot of the guys I raced with started using them just cuz they were cheap and performed well in all conditions.

You probably wont go wrong with either, i used Kenda Millvilles on my 450, they hooked up great and long lasting, a lot of the guys I raced with started using them just cuz they were cheap and performed well in all conditions.

Now I really I cant decide lol. My friend has the Maxxis and just put it on so Im leaning toward the Millville so I could compare. Keep posting so I can decide.

just buy both and then try them. i have an IT on my race bike right now. it's been a perfectly fine tire, but all tires feel about the same to me. it has 400-500 miles on it. i'm putting a millville on it before the arizona nat'l enduro. we'll see how long it lasts.

-mark

Rocky Mountain has:

Maxxis IT pair: $76

Kenda Millvile Pair: $68 I think. I know its a couple bucks cheaper then the IT.

Im just going to buy the pair of Millvilles and when the rear wears out just buy an IT.

I am running Maxxis currently. Great tration and it wears like iron. The kenda seems to get good reviews as well. My vote is for maxxis.

I guess I'm the lone dissenter on the Maxxis IT. I think it works very well in intermediate dirt and hard pack. But I don't think it crosses over very well at all in the soft stuff.

I haven't ridden on a Kenda Millville, but I like the Kenda Carlsbad more than than the Maxxis IT. I think it does very well in intermediate and hard and crosses over to the soft stuff better.

I was planning on trying out a Millville, but the Maxxis IT I have in my garage isn't going to get any use until the summer (when the soft stuff is not around much).

just buy both and then try them. i have an IT on my race bike right now. it's been a perfectly fine tire, but all tires feel about the same to me. it has 400-500 miles on it. i'm putting a millville on it before the arizona nat'l enduro. we'll see how long it lasts.

-mark

You might want to re-think putting the Millville on for the AZ Nat'l. I have been running the enduro course with the Maxxis IT and it outlasted the Millville hands down in the rocks out here. Until something cheaper and better comes out it's Maxxix IT for me.

I noticed the Millville was very tall compared to the Kenda 760 Trackmaster II, which had a more squared profile. I actually lowered my fork tubes flush with the triple to re-balance the steering.

Everything I've read about the Maxxis IT says it has a fairly stiff sidewall, which would be good for riding in rocks and avoiding flats.

I'm voting for the Maxxis IT- hooks up good, wears well & Chaparral sells 'em for under $45.00 (110/90-19)!!! SOLD!

I have been running maxxis for a long time now as well as my normal riding buddies. One of them tried the millville the last time we bought tires. we both mounted tires the same day, and we have the same bike crf 450's. It was apparent after the first ride that the maxxis was going to out last the millville.

I got about 5 more rides out of the maxxis then he got from the millville. He said it hooked up fine but he was going back to the maxxis. Hope that helps :)

I've run both on my XR650R. You really can't beat the Maxxis IT for good traction and excellent wear. They do have a stiffer sidewall so just air down about 2 lbs less than what you would run on a Dunlop for your riding conditions. I tried a Millville and Loved the performance. I would run the same pressure as a Dunlop for the Kenda's. I feel the Kenda performs right in the same league as the Dunlops and wears about the same. In this price range, if you are looking for the best wear go Maxxis. Best traction, go Kenda. This is based on ALL the areas in Ocotillo Wells, not just a sand wash or rocky hard pack for riding area condition reference. Oh yeah...and just my 2 shots of tequila worth! :)

I found the Millville to be an awesome mud/damp crosscountry tire and pretty darn good all-round, but the Maxxis definitely is more durable! :):)

Well you are in luck... Rooster Performance has been doing a lot of testing with tires for the 05 race season. We have run a lot of both the Kendas and Maxxis and have come to the conclusion that the Kendas are the choice for us. The Maxxis IT is a OK tire and does wear very well but as one other poster posted they do not cross over well at all. Additionally is is extremely heavy and hard to mount. The IT is a good tire for dry. But... The Millville works much better in a variety of conditions. The front millville is a very good tire (don't even try the IT front) and the rear is good also. Now get this, in our testing the Kenda Trackmaster rear is one of the best tires out there. That old school looking tire rocks. it wears like the IT but hooks up much better especially when things get wet. I typically get 250-300 miles out of a rear but have run the Kenda Trakmaster to up wards of 700 miles and the thing is still hooking up. I also think they work better than any Dunlop and most Bridgestones. I know these are big claims for a inexpensive tire but do yourself a favor and try one. The Millville front and Trackmaster rear is a great combo and what team Rooster will be running this year. We signed on with them as we believe in the product.

Kelly

Rooster Performance (TT Sponsor)

winter=millville

simmer= maxxis if you can mount them.

The millville hooks up way better in the soft stuff or mud. The IT slides too much when it is wet.

I am glad someone else like the millville front too. The knobs are short but small and tough and they grip very well.

If I can get a year out of 3 $40 tires then I am a happy camper. The kendas kick ass but don't tell anyone, Rocky mtn already has a tough time keeping them in stock.

I've been using the Maxis IT on a CRF450, hooks up great under all but blue groove conditions and has lasted great.

Can you please explain what blue groove is. :) I've seen this term used before but I don't know what it means.

Thanks.....