Sign in to follow this  

Just tore down our 04 X with CCC mods

Well I am impressed. As I told this sory before I have an 04 X that was owned by WER in NJ. It was run through 5 Enduros plus trail rides. 2 pistons and valve are dead. They Did the CCC mods less the R cam at first. Then a new Top end, All OEM honda with the 04 R cam but the old Springs ( odd huh). Well they did one Enduro then trail rides setting up an enduro, I got the bike. Junior trashed it for another 24 hours racing plus. He is hot off a TM 125 running the A class. We tweeked jetting (thanks JD) R silencer (Ebay) and some trick fuel.2 weeks ago the OEM clutch (judder removed) died at an event. My fault, I was stretching our luck to make one more beforte this rebuild.

Anyway the valves stayed spot on. .012 Exhaust and .0045 -005 on the intakes. The piston is toast as the skirt is shiney. The cylinder is OK but the piston would have made a mess if gone longer.

New Wiseco Hi Comp going in and a Forward Motion fully ported (deported) reshaped head going on as soon as UPS arrives on 2/16 :) .

We will test with the Stock X head pipe and R silencer then the R head pipe for Florida in 2 weeks. We will be running a local Arenacross so Stay tuned for a report after the 26th.

We get few posts of satifaction with the CRF. I am pleased with the time on our bike. With this up grade I am planning on getting into the half way point of 2005. I hope by then to get the other 04 head modded to match one of the new Hot Cams that hit the streets in a few weeks.

:) CRF250's

Bodyman, when Forward Motion tricked out your head was it an 04 or an 05? If it was an 04 did those guys epoxy the head or just port and polish? What about valves and springs, what did you go with stock or aftermarket? If aftermarket, what kind? Thanks for any info, as I am about ready to send my head out as soon as I make up my mind on what kind of valvetrain I want to run.

Just did the top end on mine last week.The motor had 90 hrs on it, the valves were in spec when I tore it down, but I replaced them with PC Ti valves,stock exhaust and PC spring kit...have 5-6 hour on them now and everything looks good. :) Also used an 05 head and weisco hi comp piston and stock 04x cam.....runs great!!

Bodyman, when Forward Motion tricked out your head was it an 04 or an 05? If it was an 04 did those guys epoxy the head or just port and polish? What about valves and springs, what did you go with stock or aftermarket? If aftermarket, what kind? Thanks for any info, as I am about ready to send my head out as soon as I make up my mind on what kind of valvetrain I want to run.

It was an 04 X head.

I was hoping for a better camshaft to go with the larger ports but they are late.

Epoxy and re flowed. I doubt any polish as Rich goes for HP Numbers and not Bling :)

Stock springs and Valves, IMO and their's...the best bank for the cash since the pistons are not going to last forever and you will have it apart sooner than later, and quick set of new oem valves/springs are cheap and easy for now anyway.

I look at it this way, The bike has a hard year racing on it already, it went through one head, 3 pistons, and a cylinder. Maybe 1100 -1200 has been invested. I will have a fresh set up for 2005 and a good ready to install head (the second one is still good) if need be. After this season the bike gets freshened up and it is sold with a new piston and the better of the spare parts and may be some fresh OEM valves. (another $300-400 from the 05 season) Cheap ride in my book and the next guy gets a good package or I keep a killer practice bike..

So why spend the big bucks on PC valves and springs or others when no one has proven how far they can go on that stuff.. yaeh factory guys run it but that is another world that is for our dreams..

Mike

So why spend the big bucks on PC valves and springs or others when no one has proven how far they can go on that stuff..

For precisely that reason...to see how far they will go!!! :)