2002 LC4 640 Enduro

Does anyone here know if KTM sold the LC4 Enduro (640) in the US in 2002? Or was it only sold in Europe in '02? :)

KTM did sell the enduros in 2002. Great bikes too. The E holds an extra quart of oil in the frame, has a cooling fan and steering lock. I bought mine about a year and a half ago and I love it. I found mine through Cycletrader.com . Very fun bike, too pretty to get very serious in the dirt, but can do anything you ask of it. I keep dual-sport tires on mine (I like IRC's) and have 15, 16 and 17 tooth counter-sprockets for different rides. KTMtalk.com is a nice reference tool, too. I just got a 525 to use strictly for dirt, but if I could only own one bike the LC4 would be it.

I am in the process of buying a 2000 LC4 Enduro with 657 actual miles. I've been riding a KLR 650 and looking forward to the KTM for better going in the dirt.

Are the 2000 specs similar to the 2002? Any major differences?

Thanks

jwat

I think the LC4's improved incrementally each year during the late '90's-early 2000's, but I'm not sure what years have what. A 2000 would have the electric start, I think, but might not have the counter-balance shaft they introduced about that time. More vibration but probably a fine bike. The carbs ktm used improved nearly yearly around then too. Mine (2002) came with a Mikuni which worked fine but in 2003 or 04 they started using the kehnin pumper which is a bit more fun. I hope this helps.

no kehin fcr on the 2003 lc4e 640 , mikuni bst 40 , tps was added either 2003 or 2004.

Hmm I had heard that 03 had both the Kehein carb and an improved bearing on the transmission output shaft

No Kehin On Lc4 Dual Sports , Sxc And Smc Got Them In 2004 . I Believe No Dual Sport Lc4 640 For Us This Year, Or Sxc .bummer. :)