Sign in to follow this  

2002 LC4 640 Enduro

Does anyone here know if KTM sold the LC4 Enduro (640) in the US in 2002? Or was it only sold in Europe in '02? :)

KTM did sell the enduros in 2002. Great bikes too. The E holds an extra quart of oil in the frame, has a cooling fan and steering lock. I bought mine about a year and a half ago and I love it. I found mine through Cycletrader.com . Very fun bike, too pretty to get very serious in the dirt, but can do anything you ask of it. I keep dual-sport tires on mine (I like IRC's) and have 15, 16 and 17 tooth counter-sprockets for different rides. KTMtalk.com is a nice reference tool, too. I just got a 525 to use strictly for dirt, but if I could only own one bike the LC4 would be it.

I am in the process of buying a 2000 LC4 Enduro with 657 actual miles. I've been riding a KLR 650 and looking forward to the KTM for better going in the dirt.

Are the 2000 specs similar to the 2002? Any major differences?

Thanks

jwat

I think the LC4's improved incrementally each year during the late '90's-early 2000's, but I'm not sure what years have what. A 2000 would have the electric start, I think, but might not have the counter-balance shaft they introduced about that time. More vibration but probably a fine bike. The carbs ktm used improved nearly yearly around then too. Mine (2002) came with a Mikuni which worked fine but in 2003 or 04 they started using the kehnin pumper which is a bit more fun. I hope this helps.

Hmm I had heard that 03 had both the Kehein carb and an improved bearing on the transmission output shaft

No Kehin On Lc4 Dual Sports , Sxc And Smc Got Them In 2004 . I Believe No Dual Sport Lc4 640 For Us This Year, Or Sxc .bummer. :)