Poppin Wheelies in the church parking lot!

Doing donuts too...!

No not me.

I just got back from walking the dog. One of our nightly loops takes us through the local Mormon Church's park like setting.

Tonight, as we are walking through the parking lot, I spy over against the corner of the back of the church, a roached out old Honda XL 250. A vintage 82 with no headlight/number plate. No rear fender. So I think to myself, maybe someone left it here as a donation? From the looks of it I didn't even think it ran.

So Bear the dog and I continue on our walk. We loop around the neighborhood and back towards the parking lot. As we are halfway back across the baseball field, I hear the unmistakeable sound of the mighty XL roaring to life. Next thing I know the kid on the bike rolls out and starts poppin wheelies ? He then rolls back up to the sidewalk, talks to his friend for a few seconds, and proceeds to lay down a few donuts right next to the main entrance ?

I couldn't belive my eyes. Then he rides out into the parking lot again and starts doing more wheelies. I gave him a big ? and went on my way. Wish I would have had a camera.

I used to think my mormon neighbors were stiff, and too proper. Maybe I had those guys all wrong. I wonder if the bishop would let me set up a little practice loop through the trees on the perimeter of the property :D

when I was probably in 3rd grade one of my sunday school teachers would bring his bike to church on wednesday nights (kinda the fun night), he would take it out to the big field behidn the church and ride it around, and take some of the kids around, even took me once, shhh, don't tell anyone, he techincally wasn't supposed to.

when I was probably in 3rd grade one of my sunday school teachers would bring his bike to church on wednesday nights (kinda the fun night), he would take it out to the big field behidn the church and ride it around, and take some of the kids around, even took me once, shhh, don't tell anyone, he techincally wasn't supposed to.

Ah.... priests & motorbikes, many years ago, our local Catholic priest made all his visits on a mid to late 60's Triumph. We all thought he was pretty cool, and most Sundays, you'd see the bike outside the church before Mass, then he'd go roaring off afterwards.

Anyway, he disappeared without a trace, and we discovered later that he'd knocked up one of my sisters friends from the local Convent school.

I haven't thought about him in over 20 years, I wonder if the Pope sent him to convert heathens in the jungles of Borneo as penance for his sins.

Being in the YM Presidency I tend to get a few fingers pointed at me when I screw around on my bike or the wifes TTR after church. I always wonder what the bishop is thinking when he waves. Hasn't fired me yet though.

Friend of mine is a childrens pastor at our church. He brings his quad to a family bible study he leads and spends the bit of time before study giving the kids rides up the fire road behind the house we meet at. A good pastor/priest knows how to connect to people at their level.

Joe

Being in the YM Presidency I tend to get a few fingers pointed at me when I screw around on my bike or the wifes TTR after church. I always wonder what the bishop is thinking when he waves. Hasn't fired me yet though.

As one of the Assistant Scoutmasters in my ward, I usually ride my dr350 to boy scouts on wednesday nights. Now when the boys hear me fire it up, they come outside to see if I'll wheelie on my way out the church parking lot. ?

I seriously doubt that the kid doing the stunt riding the other night was a youth pastor or any other sort of LEADER.

He did do a few very nice wheelies!

Without reving the engine too hard, he'd almost let it die then dump the clutch and gas it hard, he pulled on the bars and it stood straight up! He rode each on for almost half the lot. I could tell the bike was well practiced due to the lack of a rear fender.

To me the whole thing was hilarious,

if it was me out there on one of my test rides through the neighborhood and I decided to start poppin wheelies and burnin donuts into the parking lot in front of the main entrance....I'm fairly certian the cops would have been surrounding the place with their guns pulled ?

There was a meeting going on inside and it was just these two kids outside by themselves. The kid on the bike was obviously riding illegally on the road, with an old rat bike with no lights or rear fender.

I guess it just reminded me of the stuff we used to do as kids and not think twice about the consequences.

I wonder if he made it home without getting busted. It would be a miracle if he did, there's so many cops in my part of town.

Maybe I got so tickled by this because, after living in Utah for 12 years, I finally saw someone do what I've thought of doing many times.