Sign in to follow this  

Midwest TT Spring Ride

Is it a requirement that you bring more beer than gas?

I plan to. There are a million things that could happen causing you not to ride, but there is never a situation that drinking beer is not an option (after you're done riding of course).

Indy, count ryaniniowa in for cabin #2 also. They only hold 4 or is there room for more than that? Do you need any money or anything? PM me for details if you do. Also, is there anything specifically we need to ride as far as the bike goes like stickers or registrations, license etc? 96db on the exhaust and spark arrestor, right? Do they enforce that pretty heavy? I'm trying to decide between bringing a DRZ400 or a YZ250f, which would you guys recommend? The thing that concerns me with the YZ is the small gas tank (unless we don't get that far away from camp), and the thing about the DRZ is I hate riding that heavy beast after riding the YZ...

So, everyone who is commited, what kind of bikes are you riding?????

I will add RyanInIowa to your cabin. You can always put one on the floor with a sleeping bag. 😛 I would bring the YZ. there are 125 miles of trails but we can make loops back to the gas cans or carry some in our back packs. I think they are cool with louder pipes ( not obnoxious) as long as you have a daily fee sticker! I doubt they will stick a coat hanger down your pipe. 🙂 I will update everyone on how much cash to bring to settle up Saturday morning on all the costs. No money is needed until we get there. 🙂

I reserved 2 cabins for Friday & Saturday & Sunday nights. Jay Schmidt ??? of Kansas got one this morning! I think that is you Flyaway for Cabin #3. 🙂

Please confirm you made the reservation on your own. 🙂

We can change the reservation to check out early Sunday if any cabin wants to when we check in.

cabin3.jpg

So far it looks like this is the ride list for the May14,15th weekend:

Committed:

Indy - cabin 1

KevXR416 - cabin 1

LBZYZ426 - cabin 1

Baja9928 - cabin 2

JMathis - cabin 2

Smudge - cabin 2

RyanInIowa - cabin 2

Flyaway- cabin 3

Rocket - cabin 3

Big Air - cabin 3

Red Rider637 - cabin 3

ToyotaGuru - camping at cabin campgrounds

KrAsS - camping at cabin campgrounds

RM Dave - camping at the trail head

MasterWong - what are you doing?????

Please keep this post active or PM me of any changes. Thanks Guys! 😛

The Cabins are $80.00 per night for 4 people and they have campgrounds at $12.50 per night on the property. It is better then the National forest campground which is like being out in the woods with no facilities at all. 🙂

Indy,

there are lots of motel rooms in Ozark which is only about 20 minutes from chadwick riding area and they are cheaper than 80 a night. i am pretty sure this is closer than rockaway beach (where you could easily have a meth riddled hillbilly steal your bikes) there are always bikes parked at the motels during the weekends and i wouldnt worry about your bike getting stolen in ozark

and i hope i get to be at chadwick that weekend (busy season at work)

---do not worry about spark arrestors or noise levels----just be sure to have a riding permit and dont be a jackass in the campgrounds and you'll be fine

i dont have a spark arrestor and i am pretty sure my yz450 is louder than 96db and have never had a problem in chadwick (i ride there almost every weekend) 🙂

I'll be bringing the 450exc, its street legal so in case I need to go on a road. Since I'm in cabin 2 and will not need air fresheners I can carry more beer. 🙂🙂😛

I'll be bringing the 450exc, its street legal so in case I need to go on a road. Since I'm in cabin 2 and will not need air fresheners I can carry more beer. 🙂😛:D

Thats it!! Now I'm taking a dump in cabins 1, 2 & 3 🙂

Thats it!! Now I'm taking a dump in cabins 1, 2 & 3 🙂

It's always big fun watching LBZ doing the poopy dance in front the bathroom in the morning waiting for someone to finish up 🙂😛:D:D:o

Do you run stock exhaust on that 250f? I'd hate to get down there and have some prick park ranger tell me it doesn't have the required spark arrestor. 🙂

We have reserved 3 cabins for Friday & Saturday & Sunday nights.

We can change the reservation to check out early Sunday if any cabin wants to when we check in.

cabin3.jpg

So far it looks like this is the ride list for the May14,15th weekend:

Committed:

Indy - cabin 1 - WR450

KevXR416 - cabin 1 - XR400

LBZYZ426 - cabin 1 - YZ426

Baja9928 - cabin 2 - YZ250F

JMathis - cabin 2 - WR426

Smudge - cabin 2 - 450EXC

RyanInIowa - cabin 2 - 200MXC

Flyaway- cabin 3 - ????

Rocket - cabin 3 - ????

Big Air - cabin 3 - ????

Red Rider637 - cabin 3 - ????

ToyotaGuru - camping at cabin campgrounds - ????

KrAsS - camping at cabin campgrounds - YZ250F

RM Dave - camping at the trail head - RM250

MasterWong - May show up unannounced 🙂

Please keep this post active or PM me of any changes. Thanks Guys! 🙂

Does the dance look anything like baja's avatar 🙂

😉 .................come to think of it ..........yes exactly :o now we have finally figured out what baja is doing all day :D:D

The infamous poopey dance 🙂😛

:D:D:o The poopy dance, I like it!! 🙂😉🙂

ryaniniowa will most likely be riding an 200MXC.

😛

No PMs from you but I see this post and Joyce said you guys were riding Chadwick when I called. Glad you got it covered. I find it more fun to be in cabins with kitchens and campfires then motels for about the same price. $20.00 per night per guy is very reasonable! 🙂

How far are the cabins from the riding area? Can we ride from the front door or do we have to truck them somewhere? Sorry for all the dumb questions.... I agree though, cabins and campfires are much better than hotels with funky stains on the sheets.

Cabins and campground are a 30 miles ride thru the forest from the Trail Head. You can also camp there for $12.50 per night wiht full showers and services. 🙂 You can dual sport and we can carry your gas or you can trailer in every day. The National forest has very primitive $10.00 per night camping. RMDave will be camping there. 🙂

Do you run stock exhaust on that 250f? I'd hate to get down there and have some prick park ranger tell me it doesn't have the required spark arrestor. 🙂

My thoughts exactly. I've seen spark arrestor end caps for the stock exhaust, but they want $100-$200 just for the dam endcap. 😛 Might as well just get a new exhaust.

Perhaps I'll use this as an excuse to get a Power Core IV exhaust... 🙂

Cabins and campground are a 30 miles ride thru the forest from the Trail Head. You can also camp there for $12.50 per night wiht full showers and services. 🙂 You can dual sport and we can carry your gas or you can trailer in every day. The National forest has very primitive $10.00 per night camping. RMDave will be camping there. 😛

I am going to camp at Cobb Ridge and there is hot showers and plumbing and I think there are sites with eletricity. But you can get up in the morning eat breakfast and hop on your scooter and hit the trails. 🙂