Do you pack heat when you ride?

Well?

no I don't, but some stories I hear and the stupid things that go on in areas that I ride in make me consider it.

Yep for sure! Too many crazies out there. I ride a lot in the hills with justa couple of buddies..never had to use it but nice to know we got one. Especially since we ride alot by yosemite.....remember those string of murders a few years back? Just makes me feel more secure. so if i get confronted and have to defend myslef there is always option X. This may sound like i am a fearful person but i am not i just like my guns and my 2nd ammendment :)

This topic again, so soon?

Been there, discussed that.

Ian

Really - especially since everyone agreed it was a good idea :):)

you need a 'sometimes' cateogry. If you put it there, mark me down. I sure don't carry all the time.

you need a 'sometimes' cateogry. If you put it there, mark me down. I sure don't carry all the time.
I agree. :)

LOL, I don't even own heat!!!

Yep for sure! Too many crazies out there. I ride a lot in the hills with justa couple of buddies..never had to use it but nice to know we got one. Especially since we ride alot by yosemite.....remember those string of murders a few years back? Just makes me feel more secure. so if i get confronted and have to defend myslef there is always option X. This may sound like i am a fearful person but i am not i just like my guns and my 2nd ammendment :)

Same here. Sounds like we may ride in the same area. There are too many crack smokin, weed growin, hillbilly bone heads in these here woods. So I pack. My family is very important to me.

heat packs are always a goog idea on a cold day! :)

Same here. Sounds like we may ride in the same area. There are too many crack smokin, weed growin, hillbilly bone heads in these here woods. So I pack. My family is very important to me.

Yeah seeing your name we probably ride in the same places. I live up by lake don pedro and spend just about all my time riding in the hills or around my house(but the cops have started to come out on that, also the neighbors had to tone it down a little) there are so many crack heads you never know what you are going to come across on "your public but what they think is their meth lab land"

Couldn't answer the poll, because I sometimes do and sometimes don't, depends on if I am alone(which I don't like to be), or where I am going.

I dont have one small enough to carry :)

I could've sworn that I responded to this question in the past. But to answer the question....YES. I learned the hard way in December 2000 when I was held up by 2 guys right off the 60 Freeway in Beaumont. I lost my brand new YZ250 that day and all I can say is that it was a lesson learned the hard way. :)

you also need to add a "yes but not yet category"

what i want to know is, is it illegal to carry whilst riding without a permit? i would imagine it would have to do with public or private land (and probably the state you live and if the cop was a TT member or not).

what i want to know is, is it illegal to carry whilst riding without a permit?

Varies by State and locale.

Even so, I"d rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

you also need to add a "yes but not yet category"

what i want to know is, is it illegal to carry whilst riding without a permit? i would imagine it would have to do with public or private land (and probably the state you live and if the cop was a TT member or not).

Legal or not you have the right to protect yourself......If you have to break a little law to protect yourself so be it.

Again ?

Been there, discussed that.

Considering that im 15 and ride on either my friends farm or a MX track...

I only pack heat when it is cold outside. :)

Yes, I almost always do. There are all kinds of freaks in the woods around here.