Greasing The Forks

I've never greased my fork seals, Do I just need to pop down the dust seals and grease up between the inner tube and the oil seal??? about how much??

I've never greased my fork seals, Do I just need to pop down the dust seals and grease up between the inner tube and the oil seal??? about how much??
COME ON! SURELY SOMEBODY HAS DONE THIS,,, SOMEWHERE!!

Are your forks weaping?? I know some folks who gease there seals, but I've never done it, never needed to. Might help in more muddy conditions I guess. If they weap a little, a piece of film negitive run between the fork tube and seal will do the trick, unless your seals are toast.

But, yeah, just pull down the dust boot, and slap some grease up there. Just remember you'll have to clean that out each time you go to regrease.

Dodger :)

That's all you do. Take a small screw driver and gently pry the dust seals off and wiggle them down the fork. Pack enough waterproof grease up in there to fill the void - doesn't take too much, then replace the seals. For added protection get some seal savers. I use White Bros. The have velcro and are easy to get on and off. I rode last weekend in A LOT of water and my lower forks are clean as a whistle. I've rebuilt them once (prematurely) and don't want to do it again soon!

Your not actually greasing the seal your are using the grease to catch the dirt as it goes by the dust seal. You can also shoot a little wax or rainex on a rag and wipe down the lower fork to prevent dirt from sticking so easily. It only takes a second.

Hey Humunn, that's a great idea, I haven't seen the seal savers that are velcro. Where did you get them?? Thanks for the info.WRDON

Hey Humunn, that's a great idea, I haven't seen the seal savers that are velcro. Where did you get them?? Thanks for the info.WRDON

WRDON - I sent you back the PM but just in case you can probably get them on the web or through Rain City Power Sports in Vancouver WA phone 360.574.2755. Ask for Brent. He'll ship them to you.

Thanks A Bunch,, Wrdon