Sign in to follow this  

orgeta ride

Every time I go over Ortega hwy from Elsinore I see the camping and trail signs at the top of the hill. Anyone ever ride up there? Better yet, anyone wanna GO??

It's not the greatest riding.....very compacted, narrow trails, can't get up to speed on a bigger bike. It's more a place to take the kids in my opinion. :)

It's not the greatest riding.....very compacted, narrow trails, can't get up to speed on a bigger bike. It's more a place to take the kids in my opinion. :)

well that's a bummer. I heard you can ride trails from Fallbrook up to there. Oh well, i'll probably still do it....i'm just stubborn like that :) . I won't be able to say that nobody told me so!

It's not bad up there...been closed for a while do to the rain...but you can ride from oc to riverside and down to sd county's...it does get a bit busy on the week with the folks taking out the H2s

Ever time I go to Orgeta...I some a time remind me to Forget-a, was it how to spell, a word is like smell........and I always end up with a stinky finger!!!!!!!

Anyone ever ride up there? Better yet, anyone wanna GO??

Every sunday morning!!!

I ride the Priller on clean summer mornings when the cops arent about.

NicknBubba1_sized.jpg

The GS when the weather isnt so good or when doing a casual ride up to Santiago Peak. (inte in forground)

DSCF0021.jpg

and will take the dirtbike up to Wildomar when i want to do a 1/2 day.

DSCF0011.sized.jpg

but unfortunetly, they close Wildomar for 4-5 days after it rains due to trail erosion. The place is way too small for the traffic it gets so its not a lot of fun unless you get up VERY early in the morning in the summer. Even then, you gatta keep it mellow due to oncomming traffic.

But Killen trail does go all the way through. I have done that on the GS twice now and its a fantastic road. Its paved (or was until the recent rains). And if one was so inclinded, you can ride from San Diego county all the way to YorbaLinda/Corona along that road.

So, if your up for riding, i live on the OC side and hit Ortega with some regularity on Sunday mornings. This time of year im on the GS so keep an eye out.

c-ya

nk

I've heard its possible to go from there to Bonsal/Fallbrook was well. It on my list for things to do.

So, if your up for riding, i live on the OC side and hit Ortega with some regularity on Sunday mornings. This time of year im on the GS so keep an eye out.

c-ya

nk

I'll stay in my lane when I see ya comin :) . PM me when ya wanna do the dirt thing up there. Maybe the Sunday after next??

I've heard its possible to go from there to Bonsal/Fallbrook was well. It on my list for things to do.

I drove my truck from the top, south down some fire roads and poped out in(what turned out to be) Fallbrook. So I know I CAN get through, but for now it's sitting on my "list" as well. :)