Sign in to follow this  

Fmf Q-2 Series Silencer

I recently read an advertisement for a second generation Q series (quiet) silencer for the CF 450. Has anyone had any experience with this product or does anyone have knowledge of the performance criteria. We have serious noise issues at our local practice track so I have a great interest in finding something that will tone down our four strokes without much power loss. I don't think you can have one without the other unfortunately. I know that many have used the pro-moto Billet end but have heard mixed reviews.

Thanks.

We are driving from the great white north to MD this weekend. Anyone headed for the Landing?

There was an article in the new Dirt Bike. It appears that the new Ti Q and the Q2 are the same new design, just utilizing different metal wrapping. If someone has tried the Ti Q then they should be able to speak up and help you out. I only have experience with the original and its was money well invested IMHO because of noise suppression.

The Q2 is shorter, that is supposed to give more power. It is 10% lighter,(aluminum body, stainless pipe, ti endcap) and is supposed to meter 93-96 db. But I really don't know about how much power it gains over the original.

Saw one today, my rep brought it into the dealership. Pretty nice design over the OG Q.

OG Q retail 329.99

Q2 379.99

TI Q 499.99

The Q2 is shorter, that is supposed to give more power. It is 10% lighter,(aluminum body, stainless pipe, ti endcap) and is supposed to meter 93-96 db. But I really don't know about how much power it gains over the original.

Saw one today, my rep brought it into the dealership. Pretty nice design over the OG Q.

OG Q retail 329.99

Q2 379.99

TI Q 499.99

Does it still us the silly strap clamp to connect the can to the subframe?

Thanks,

Dirt Bike has an article on new FMF pipes. Reads like an advertisement though.

MX LANDING: I was there 2 weeks ago, and a muddy mess. However, the weather has been cooperating all week and the track should be sweet this weekend. It's a supercross style of track. You like big jumps right?

Also, Budds Creek is racing this Sunday if your interested.

thanks for the input. I hope that someone does a shoot out on quiet silencers for our bike. Dirt Bike used to do stuff like that but havent seen anything recently.

Our trip to MD is postponed till next weekend due to weather going a'foul on sunday. The newest plot still includes the landing and oh, yes the kids have taught me how to jump! hope to see some TT'ers there.