Sign in to follow this  

Of course my cast is orange

My little spill Sunday was worse than I thought. Broken arm, radial something or other. clean break, not displaced. doc was surprised and said he wasn't even looking at that part of the x-ray at first, was more worried about the ligaments and small bones in wrist. he is still worried about the ligament--ucl i think--but based on tests and movements he did, he said that if it's torn, it's probably only a partial tear and more likely is just stretched. so i have an orange cast on my arm now.

At least you have a cool cast?? Hopefully, it will heal up quick and you will be back on your bike in no time. I broke a bone in forearm a couple years ago, it sucks but it could be worse. I waited 5 days before going to the doc and getting an X-ray, thought I just tweaked it... .I hate going to the doc with dirt bike related injuries......you know, that "bad girl, you should stay off dirt bikes" look.. :)

? i hope i don't get busted for being a guy and posting off-topic stuff in here, :) but....

holy cow? so you've just been walking around acting normal all week with a broken arm? :) tough chick.

it doesn't hurt that bad, really! it's weird, i thought a broken bone would be worse. i mean it's not pleasant but it's not agony either.

hope it heals fast. weather is starting to get nice. :)

my doc was pretty cool, no lectures. very nice. (cute too :) )

My little spill Sunday was worse than I thought. Broken arm, radial something or other. clean break, not displaced. doc was surprised and said he wasn't even looking at that part of the x-ray at first, was more worried about the ligaments and small bones in wrist. he is still worried about the ligament--ucl i think--but based on tests and movements he did, he said that if it's torn, it's probably only a partial tear and more likely is just stretched. so i have an orange cast on my arm now.

Hopefully it will heal fast! Actually bones braking don't hurt as bad as torn muscles and ligaments.

OK so now give us the story! I think I saw something posted in other thread about you crashing but it didn't sound all that bad!

The Pantra crew left early in the afternoon, since they had ridden all day Saturday. Cam and I had gone out by ourselves for one last loop.

Hopefully it will heal fast! Actually bones braking don't hurt as bad as torn muscles and ligaments.

OK so now give us the story! I think I saw something posted in other thread about you crashing but it didn't sound all that bad!

Left arm

That is true about the ligaments thing. Blowing out my knees was FAR, FAR more painful.

Well, it wasn't really all that exciting. Cam and I took off down a whooped-out road, and I lost him--he thought I'd made a turn I really didn't. I waited a bit for him, could hear him back there, so I took off again. I really don't know what made me crash, a rock under my rear wheel I think. It flipped me sideways and I hit the ground. I didn't land on my hand--i know i didn't stick it out to catch myself, i've learned better than to do that.

So at any rate, i didn't know at first how bad it was. I tried to push the kill button and my wrist folded, no strength at all. I walked out (almost 2 miles! up and down hills! in the sand! poor me) and wrapped it up as soon as I got home. There was a bump on the side, but it wasn't hard like a bone sticking out, it was just soft from swelling. So I figured I'd wait a day or two and see how it felt before seeing a doc. Now I know. Such is life in the motorcycling world.

Dayyyyyyyum!!!!!!!!!!

Ok...one word of advice....once you get the cast off....stay AWAY from K Mart!!!!!!!!!!! :):):p:D:D:o;):D:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Orange is cool....never had an orange one....just about every color...just not orange. Get a black sharpie and draw hand bones on it! i wanted to do that on my black one....thought it would look cool....all Halloweenie and stuff. Only use sharpies, though....cuz the condensation when it's in a bag when you shower makes regular markers bleed and look really icky.

peace,

janette

Ok...one word of advice....once you get the cast off....stay AWAY from K Mart!!!!!!!!!!!

at least if you're clumsy, inattentive, and don't know where your hands have been :)

OH noo! That really sucks! How long do you have to have the cast on? Well, at least it didn't happen at the height of riding season. Maybe some winter weather will ease some of the "off the bike" desperation. :):)

Get well soon!! :p

Hope you get better soon. Look at the good side. It feels SSSOOOOOO good when your arm itches and you can take a pen or a stick and scratch it :)

How about some pics?????

Sheesh, talking all this smack about your cast being orange, and then making us imagine it..it ain't right!!!

WE WANT PICS!!!!

LOL

When I saw the caption, "of course my cast is orange", I new it was you. :) That just sucks. How long do you have the cast on for? Oh well, hopefully you heal up fast. :)