Sign in to follow this  

Mobil 1 Truck and SUV 5w-40 vs Rotella T Synthetic

Walmart is now stocking Mobil 1 Truck and Suv Full Synthetic. I have been using Rottela Synthetic but I think I am going to switch. Any thoughts. SUV looks to be similar in chemical make to Mobil Delvac 1 which according to the info I have read is a high quality oil.

I think it would be a great oil to use (I run it in all 3 cars now). I use M1 MX4T in the bikes though. What I know about it is that it has a good high C grading, CI-4, very low moly, and good levels of zinc and phosphorus. Let me know what you think if you try it.

The only thing I would be concerned about a 5W40 oil is that it has a lot of viscosity index improvers. It's great for extending the temp. range of the oil, but not so good for lubrication. Plus they tend to break down leaving you with a thinner oil. 10W40 or 15W40 would be much better.

What are you RED CAPPERS going to go to??

I'm going to the new mobil 1 gold cap.

I'll be sticking with the Rotella Synthetic. Have had no problems with it but then again most of us won't see a difference anyway.

What are you RED CAPPERS going to go to??

I cornered the market on it in the SE :)

BJ's wholesale club HAD 6 qt cases for $23.00 yesterday, I figure I won't have to worry about oil for about 3yrs. :)