Sign in to follow this  

Trask, Diamond Mill ride 2-19, 20 or 21st

Fdub and myself are heading up to Diamond Mill on Monday the 21st to do some exploring. I have only been up there once, and now that it is on the new map figured we could do some exploring. Saturday I have a class for trail patrol. I dont need it, but am going to get the hours. Sunday my wife has a baby show to go to, so a ride sunday might be in order as well. I'll let you know about Sunday, but Monday is a go.

weather.com says mostly sunny for the weekend. Wha hoo.

Exploring Moday sounds great.

I'll shoot you a PM with my # in case TT goes down again.

- Ryan

I've been doing alot of riding out of Diamond Mill. The trails are challenging with not much for the kids or beginners. Also seems like more rocks. One of my favorites is "Cedar Ridge" trail. It goes south and comes out by Keenig Creek. Its similiar to archers being that it is long but is broke up into sections. It follows the ridge line for the most part and the view just before you get to Keenig is nice. Some of the sections are challenging but you can always ride around by road to the next section. Also check out Triangulation point. Sweet view there too. You can see the ocean.

I am good to go. Ride did warn me that the area is really technical. Good thing I'm bidding on a new rear fender. Flexx bars got put on last night, just gotta figure out a (better) way to make the Pro-Bends pivot on the T-clamp mounts.

Dr. Says I can forego the nerve conduction studies on my arm (appointment was at 9AM on the 21st!) and the PT is working on the epicondylitis. My wife says I'm too old to ride. She has no idea that I am getting registered with AMA!

Let's talk start time and meeting place.

My wife says I'm too old to ride. She has no idea that I am getting registered with AMA!

Let's talk start time and meeting place.

How old is too old to ride? :)

I may just wish I had a new tire before this weekend's over. : )

"Let's talk start time and meeting place."

We're all coming from pretty close .... so how's 9?

I don't know of too many landmarks out there, but I do have a trusty map. (I learned that those aren't free ... guess I stole it. :) )

- Ryan

Also check out Triangulation point. Sweet view there too. You can see the ocean.

I've seen a picture taken from Triangulation point, I'd love to hook up with someone who could show me how to get there, can't do it this weekend but plan on riding in the TSF the weekend of the 26th and 27th.

ThumperTDC,

Would you be amenable to a tag-along for Sunday? I recently moved back to Hillsboro after 5 years in San Diego. I've ridden TSF several times in the past, mostly Lee's camp or Jordan Creek. I am trying to find new riding buddies up here since I can't drag my brother out as often as I used to. I'm enjoy the technical stuff, so Diamond Mill sounds cool, but anyplace is fine.

Jeff

Not sure how to post pics but here goes. Looking North at Triangulation Point.

Nice, now how do I get there? :)

ThumperTDC,

Would you be amenable to a tag-along for Sunday? I recently moved back to Hillsboro after 5 years in San Diego. I've ridden TSF several times in the past, mostly Lee's camp or Jordan Creek. I am trying to find new riding buddies up here since I can't drag my brother out as often as I used to. I'm enjoy the technical stuff, so Diamond Mill sounds cool, but anyplace is fine.

Jeff

Sounds good to me...........not exactly sure where we are going riding on Sunday just yet thought. The trask has some good stuff.........but I have only been out there once. I'll let you know where we decide to go for Sunday.

Tony

Nice, now how do I get there? :)

A few ways to get there. Diamond Mill Rd from the staging area is the quickest. Its about 8 miles W/NW to TP.

how's 9?

I don't know of too many landmarks out there, but I do have a trusty map.

- Ryan

Any reason against meeting at the the staging area? If not, then I will be there 9-ish. Blue & White truck and bike. Helmet too for that matter. (Colors mostly coincident guys...let it go. :) )

Tony, Ryan- call me if there's an issue.You got my #, right?

(Hey, I'm working on something for Sunday in the TRASK...let me know if you are interested and I will keep you posted).

I'm game for Sunday as well. Riding by 10 am works for me.

TDC...Let's see if I got this right...

Saturday- you are a student of the classroom

Sunday- you are riding, but location not decided yet

Monday- you are Lewis&Clarking it with the Uncle and the W at the Diamond Mill

Correct?

I will get back to you about Sunday in the Trask.

Pay attention tomorrow!

Kent

I dont have to pay attention tomorrow. Just showing up to get the hours for it. Its a basic first aid class.............I'm a paramedic............you do the math :)

Odd...I thought paramedics had to know math :) As a science teacher, I ought to know math. It just doesn't add up for me. :)

Hey, the Trask link I had for Sunday dropped out. :p

Sunday Sunday Sunday? Trask? Tomorrow afternoon?

It's So nice out this weekend. I went for a little tour Friday of Browns camp. The ground is still a little frozen in places, but dusty in the clear cuts.

:)

BTW, what's the deal with sidewinder. Who decided it'd be fun to dig huge holes in the trail every 100'. It's gone from a semi-decent trail to one long tanktrap. :)

- Ryan