Sign in to follow this  

Clutch Cover gasket

I hate this thing, I really do. Every time I take off the dam clutch cover I can't get the gasket back in. It's too big for the clutch cover. Does anyone else have this problem? How do you guys get your clutch cover gasket back into the little rut in the clutch cover? Thanks...

The best fix for it is lots of swearing,kicking the smaller household animals and yelling at anyone who comes in the shop while in struggling with it.

Once it's in.....the final solution is alcohol : the solution to, and cause of, all of life's problems!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I really hate working on this bike!

I'm building up a second X for this seasons race bike. the only nice part about it is, even though it's the same pain in the azz, a least it's new and clean....and I've learned some short cuts from the first X

Take a little grease and put on the o-ring gasket. Then put it back in the groove. The grease sticks it in the groove so you can get the whole thing in.

Hahah well thanks for all the help guys. It would be alot easier to get my hands on a nice beer if I was older but since I'm not of age, and won't be for a while, it's going to be a bit before I can resort to drinking away my problems.

Anyways, thats a good idea and I will get right to it. Thanks, right now EVERYTHING is off my bike, including swingarm, right now its just a frame and a motor, Hopefully I can get this thing back together.

I just put a few dabs of silicone in the groove, just enough to hold it, in 5 or 6 places.

That way the next time you take it off it will stay in.