Sign in to follow this  

Anyone looking for a good deal on a helmet cam?

Check this out on Ebay

I just got mine. This is a really neat and clean unit. I havent had a chance to really put it through its paces yet, but I am pretty impressed with it so far. ANd talk about speedy delivery I ordered it late saturday night and got it today. :)

A riding buddy just bought the same one for 300 bucks... :) Well at least it looks the same. Lets us know how it works :)

I just got one myself. They are pretty cool. :) Here is my first attempt at uploading the vids. They are un-edited and kind of rough. I need to fine tune the resolution that I capture them for a clearer picture, but you can get an idea of what it will look like. Also, riding into the sun didn't look that good. It was super clear on my 42 in Widescreen when I hooked up the video recorder to my TV.

Helmet Cam vids

I thought for sure when you got off your bike and started walking away, you were going to take a piss.

I thought for sure when you got off your bike and started walking away, you were going to take a piss.

:):):p That would have been funny!!

All of the cameras are the same but helmetcamera.com has the best mount. Their 380 line kit is 209 but comes with the aluminum mount. I think you can by the mount separate for about 45 bucks.

The body of the camera is aluminum and the lens covers are replaceable.

The extreme mount seems a little like over kill to me. Putting an alluminum housing over an aluminum housing, with a lens cover over a lens cover. But hey, it's your money.

"The body of the camera is aluminum and the lens covers are replaceable.

The extreme mount seems a little like over kill to me. Putting an alluminum housing over an aluminum housing, with a lens cover over a lens cover. But hey, it's your money."

Good points. Actually the biggest benefit I found is since the Helmetcam.com mount has a completely flat lens cover I can wipe it with my thumb and get the roost completely off it while still riding. Much harder with the recessed lens cover on the lipstick cam. Not a deal breaker either way.

hey how do helmet cams work? you have to have a backpack or pouch with a DV camera inside with cords running from the helmet cam right? im definatly getting a helmet cam this spring so i was wondering

not to big of a fan of the 380 lines thing...

and yes you need to already have some form of camcorder to be able to plug this into so it can record...

thats funny :):p:)

not to big of a fan of the 380 lines thing...

and yes you need to already have some form of camcorder to be able to plug this into so it can record...

Well, I just watched mine form goofin with it today, and I dont see a damn thing wrong with 380 lines... It looked damn good on my TV. :) Now I gotta figure out why my fire wire card isn't letting me download. Device manager says its working. but I cant get it to do anything. :):p

OK, Here's the final rundown on cost. prices include shipping.

helmet cam, $150

Canon ZR80 Mini DV cam, $202

some extra batteries(NiMH 2500mAh for the helmet cam $20 /L-io 3800 mAh for the camcorder $35

snazzy bright orange Pelican crush proof/waterproof box to carry it in in my camel back $35

mini DV tape $9.

GRAND TOTAL---$451

Check it out. :)

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg