Sign in to follow this  

Anbody ever tear a Pec?

Last Thurs I tore the tendon that connects your pec to your upper arm. Confirmed by MRI yesterday and surgury is the ony way to put it back. Talk to the doc tomorrow who makes that determination so I'm really hoping he says it can be fixed.

Anyone else ever have this happen. Did it bench pressing.

Nope, did it bench pressing. Was doing 315 for a couple reps when I went to rack it I felt it tear. Talked to the doc today and he confirmed it ripped right from the humerous. Surgery is tomorrow to put it back. I'm excited because atleast it's repairable :)

Nope, did it bench pressing. Was doing 315 for a couple reps when I went to rack it I felt it tear. Talked to the doc today and he confirmed it ripped right from the humerous. Surgery is tomorrow to put it back. I'm excited because atleast it's repairable :)

I did a similar tear but did the bicep to scapula. I hit a tree upside down and tore it. Mine was called a SLAP lesion. Simple surgery of stapling the tendon back down and not moving it for awhile.

I'm sure they will go over it but DO NOT push it too fast. You really need to let that heal before doing any weights like you were doing.

Except for some nerve damage from the impact against the tree everything is strong and back to normal.

I'm telling you, you probably dropped your shoulder while seting the bar. It happens man. Gotta build up thiose controll musscles and be carefull.

Surgery is done and it's going to be a long road. For now I can't move my right arm for 2 weeks but at least my pec is where it should be again. At 6 weeks doc wants me to raise my arm above head. No weights or motorcycle for awhile but it will be more than wort it in the long run.