Sign in to follow this  

weather in western pa

im taking a trip up to frenchville pa march 9th and i was wondering if there is still alot of snow on the ground just in the general western pa area anywhere high elevations like where im goin any info would help alot

Don't know where Frenchville is, but the general rule is snow on the ground north of I-80. Last time I was south of I-80, there was no snow on the ground. Quite breezy today. Expected to be about zero tonight.

i live in blair county(pretty much south central pa) just outside of altoona and there's no snow here(there's some small light patches here and there) but it's cold as hell!!! :)

incidently i just checked the maps and i'm just south of frenchville and clearfield county. something going on up there in march or you just visiting? the map says it'd take me 1hr to get there so i figure probably 30mins away lol. :)

its awsome up there the town is real old fashion all they have is a bar and a church all the people are real cool no crime at all we stay up in a buddys grandfathers hunting cabin we go up there hunt ride drink its my favorite trip every time we goo something crazy happens we goin up with like 20 ppl this year soo it should be alot of fun his grandfather owns 2000 acres up there but we jsut ride all oveer the mountains and up the river trails and powerlines grreat riding its awsome goin up march 9-13 and just hopeing there isnt snow i dont mind a little but 2 ft of snow up there will jsut kill the trip and make for a hole lot more drinking and less riding :)

May not be any now, but my march 9th there could be new snow. It supposed to snow some sunday here, not sure how far north its going to reach. Good luck though.

yea thanks im hopeing it jsut doesnt snow any more and warms up and is like 50 degrees when we there lol everytime i been there though its been freezing soo hopefully this time we might catch a break

well so far a couple inches, supposed to get about 10 or so. sucks bad!!!

motoxracer595 - We've been taking a real pounding. Hope you can reschedule. I'm northwest of where you're going. The snow is up to my knees in places. More snow in the forecast. Good luck......

shit man i been soo hyped up about it too we'll get ahold of somebody up there in a couple of days and find out how much snow is on the groundd

Where at in Frencville do you guys go? I grew up around that area and there is unlimited places to ride and alot of really good natural mx tracks around that area.

NATURAL MX TRACKS!! lol where at in frenchville we ride the powerwires all up the mountains down the river all through the trails never came across anything like a track though we have a huge cabin up there and buddies family owns like 2000 acres we are planning on still leaving wednesday hopefully not to much snow

If you towards kylertown on Rolling Stone RD. Ther are two tracks about 1/2 way to Kylertown. I will find out the name of the road you turn off to get to the tracks and post it on here.

It is not listed on mapquest. How familiar are you with the area? If you know the area rather well I can give you directions via land points

dont no the area well at all but buddys grandfather lives up there he would noo any info would help is it a track u ahve to pay or wat is it IM me on d595m if u can for more details it would help

dont no the area well at all but buddys grandfather lives up there he would noo any info would help is it a track u ahve to pay or wat is it IM me on d595m if u can for more details it would help

I see your coming from NJ so I assume your are using I-80. Get off at the Kylertown exit and go straight through the red light (towards Frenchville on Rollingstone Rd. approx 4 from the light there will be a dirt road named Sylvan Grove Rd. Turn right onto it and 1/2 mile down the dirt rd there will be another dirt rd to your left with a open gate and sign that says Larson Enterprise the track is right back that rd. There is another track about 3/4 mile down Sylvan Grove Rd on the same side of the road. It is really hard to explain how to get to it but if you just ride any of the trails you will run into it. There is no houses in the area so you wont run into any private property or anything. This is only a couple of miles outside of Frechville.