which is a better pipe?

which is the best performing pipe on a crf250r?  

309 members have voted

1. 1. which is the best performing pipe on a crf250r?

• yoshimura
    • fmf
    • procircuit
    • white bros
    • other

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone at your track (or local spot) actually have one of those pipes you just mentioned? I hear about them but have been to a lot of big races and never actually seen one.

Yes. The Jemco is made in Houston, about 2 hours drive from where I live...

I use a CHM SM1 personally and love it...more than the FMF Factory-4 TI Powerbomb that my bike came with...and I have ridden a CRF250 with a Jemco, also I preferred it over the FMF unit...

I dont just change from a $650 exhaust to a cheaper CHM system just because, I changed because I like the CHM SM1 better....just sold the FMF system on Ebay.

I dont believe there is 1 *MAGIC* exhaust system for a bike.. They all offer something.. some give a hit, some smooth out power, give or take overrev or from down low etc etc... What a beg or nov rider likes & a expert rider could be 2 very diff things...or maybe not ...

Just because someone says they make the most HP or Torque does not mean its the most useable power.. I would recommend trying to test ride someones bike with the system you may want to buy...

Right now I would just be happy to ride my 05 CRF 450.. had it 4weeks now & 4 weeks of RAIN!!! with 8 days of Rain in the forcast!! URGHHH!!! never even started the thing hour meter flashes 0.0 at me ???:D

Rap got any more cold beer???

Right now I would just be happy to ride my 05 CRF 450.. had it 4weeks now & 4 weeks of RAIN!!! with 8 days of Rain in the forcast!! URGHHH!!! never even started the thing hour meter flashes 0.0 at me ??:D?

Rap got any more cold beer???

The way I see it, it's your fault for all of the rain, you waited so long on getting a new bike, the MX Gawds are punishing you to remind you how much fun riding really is! :D

I am gonna have some cold beer saturday evening for sure, I won my bet on last week's 250F main event winner and Jason has to buy the premium suds. Go Davey Millsaps! We quit betting on the Ricky-250cc-Class.....

...and here I go changing the subject of the main thread we are in hehe...

we all know that the jemco and CHM SM1 are the best there is.... ? j/k...loopout said it best...

as far as Dr D...i wouldnt even consider buying one of those...the pipe performed piss-poor on the dyno which was posted on here and the folks over at Dr D, being the paid advertisers they are, threw a fit that their pipe was being bashed on here so the powers-that-be deleted the thread...i wont buy it now on principle! ? but thats just me...there seems to be a herding instinct on here for exhausts. people dont give a damn about facts and numbers. they want to hear that other people like the exhaust and would rather have word-of-mouth over dynos numbers....this is what the companies are wanting.

we all know that the jemco and CHM SM1 are the best there is.... ? j/k...loopout said it best...

as far as Dr D...i wouldnt even consider buying one of those...the pipe performed piss-poor on the dyno which was posted on here and the folks over at Dr D, being the paid advertisers they are, threw a fit that their pipe was being bashed on here so the powers-that-be deleted the thread...i wont buy it now on principle! ? but thats just me...there seems to be a herding instinct on here for exhausts. people dont give a damn about facts and numbers. they want to hear that other people like the exhaust and would rather have word-of-mouth over dynos numbers....this is what the companies are wanting.

You need to purchase a pipe based on track performance, not dyno's. ?

wouldnt life be boring if we all stroked each others egos on here every day? it would be like the cross creek forum on TON! ? we need some drama every once in a while...

if the same technology went into the 250 pipe that was used on the 450 pipe then nothing will be different! ? as far as track testing is concerned...it all depends on the skill level of the rider. also, the placebo effect applies here as well....many people talk up a pipe online and in the rags so when you buy it and spend your hard-earned cash you expect it to be awesome so it is! many people read the article about the CHM P4R when it first came out saying that this was the king of pipes! i too fell for that garbage as it wasnt much better than stock on the track. a bit more low-mid, but same or less top. no thanks...also, what kills me is if you say something negative about a certain pipe certain people instantly get offended and act like you called their mother a whore! its just a damn pipe! nothing else. we all cant have the same opinions! :D i have my reasons for buying an exhaust just like everyone else...mine may be different than yours, but we all have something in common....the love of riding dirtbikes! ?:D