Sign in to follow this  

Another exhaust question

This question was asked a few months ago with little/no reply - however, I thought I'd try again. Anyone ever hear of a Leo Vinci exhaust? They make a slip on that's supposed to do very well and keep things nice and quiet for $310 USD. All without making any changes to the airbox or carb.

Any input would be appreciated.

leo vinci makes nice stuff.but ive never seen one a drz let alone a slip on.

a slip on is a slip on.it still uses the stock head pipe wich is far from perfect.

any slip on doesnt "require" jetting as long as the air box isnt modded.

but if your not going to explore the bikes potential thru jetting and opening the air box,i see no point in exhuast changes.

I've used Leo Vince full systems on 3 sportbikes. Excellent workmanship, fit and finish. Performance was great too. Like burned said, if you're gonna change exhaust, you really should change jetting. :)

Great point regarding exploring the potential. I just happened to hear about the Leo Vince from a guy at the dealer yesterday. He really stressed that they do all their R&D on stock bikes, therefore no need for other changes. Gotta admit it seemed odd that they only offer a slip on.

Just interesting, and I figured it might be worth a thought/question or two before I go with my original plan of the FMF system with the airbox and jetting changes.

Thanks for the input.

The jetting on these bikes really suck stock, they need to be re-jetted period. Regardless what you do to the exhaust, airbox or whatever.